Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Four!

It's been such a long time since I've been able to do a Friday mishmash of stuff. I'm not sure if it will be four or five or more today, but I'm sure I have lots to share.

1. I finished my MASSIVE revision of APPETITE FOR BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This deserves a million exclamation points, believe me! If you've ever read an earlier version of this story, I doubt you'd recognize this one. But I do believe it's a much better story now, and I sent off the revision last night, so now I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back from my editor on it.

2. UGH. My family's been sick, and it feels as though I'm having some not too pleasant feelings in my own stomach this morning. Because I haven't had much time to blog, you haven't had to endure all the gross details of the places I've had to clean puke out of in the last week or two, but let's just say I'm spending the day taking extra-good care of myself in hopes that I can avoid the whole nasty thing.

3. My dad and I have been brewing wine together. I got a wine kit for Christmas, and I've never brewed wine before, but it's really not that hard! And siphoning the wine each time we have to switch containers is no hardship either (hehe).  I'm just glad my revision is done before I have an endless supply of wine sitting around my house. That could have been bad!

4. Someone was recently asking me about March Madness. If you haven't been around my blog for the last year, let me explain. Last March we did a NaNoWriMo-esque challenge, where anyone who wanted to participate could set a challenging writing goal for themselves and try to meet it during the month of March. There was plenty of camaraderie, as we had check-in points where we could share our progress and cheer each other on each day. Plus, there were awesome prizes! These prizes were not based on how much you wrote, but just on how often you checked in and involved yourself in the cheerleading process.

I have a project I need to get back to soon, and so I'm seriously thinking of doing March Madness again this year. Any interest? I'm also looking for people who might want to use their blog as a check-in point (I'll have some specific rules of how this has to be done, so if you're interest, make sure to send me an email at d(at)denisejaden(dot)com so I can get you the details).

I think that's all for today, folks. Going to lie down with my cup of tea and a good book...

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Denise! Trying hard to focus on the wine and not the other visual. Yuck. Stay well! Congrats on sending the revised MS. I recommend you replace those pins and needles with a soft cushion:-)

    And yeah for March Madness! I'll e-mail you about being a blog stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finishing your revision! Congrats!

    Hoping you stay healthy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on getting your revisions in!!!!!!!!(x million)

    Have you heard THE song yet? on my blog...

    ReplyDelete