Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Four - Writerly Business!

1. I ALMOST have a cover to show of NEVER ENOUGH! The cover is actually complete, I'm hoping I can have a summary to post with it so it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for you to not want to read this book! LOL. I'll have a little contest with the unveiling of the cover giving away a couple of cool prizes, like a copy of the 2nd Printing edition of LOSING FAITH, and some cool new swag for NEVER ENOUGH. Fun, yes?

2. My agent got back to me yesterday about my outline for the companion novel to LOSING FAITH. It's tentatively called FINDING HOPE, and it will be in Tessa's point of view. My agent had lots of good things to say about my outline, but she still thinks it needs to be a bit more focused. She likes it, though, and is eager to get it off to my editor, as soon as we tweak it a little. Yay!!!

3. Until I heard from my agent, I was working on a new project. I think of it as "the forbidden manuscript" because A. It's about forbidden love, and B. It's not the manuscript I *should* be working on. But sometimes you just have to stop shoulding on yourself and follow your heart. Right? RIGHT? 

4. My 1PP (otherwise known as First Pass Pages) for NEVER ENOUGH arrived yesterday, which is basically the interiors of the book the way it will look when it is finished. Not quite as much squealing with this one as with LOSING FAITH. It's a little plainer in comparison. Here's a little glimpse:

But I still love it. Annnnddd...there is an excerpt of LOSING FAITH at the back, so there ARE still butterflies:
I'll be busy petting, er, I mean WORKING THROUGH these pages over the weekend. This is my last, last chance at making changes (at least I think it is. I have heard of authors working on 2nd pass pages, but so far I haven't had any part in that stage) so I'll be going through it with a micro-fine tooth comb, trying very hard to concentrate on every word, paragraph, and page.

How about you? Do you have any writing/revising/reading planned for the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Love the update! I am working on something new this weekend - pretty excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing as exciting as that, D. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Denise! I'm revising this weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting your 1PP, looking forward to seeing the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First pass pages! So exciting! Can't wait until you can reveal the cover. :D

    I love your comment about how sometimes we need to stop "shoulding" ourselves -- so true. I'd bet some of our best work comes when we follow our heart. (Also, I think writing isn't the only area we can benefit from stopping shoulding....)

    Thanks for the great update post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed. All good stuff. Can't wait to see the new cover!

    ReplyDelete