Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Four - Lots of Excitement!

1. First of all, I finished NaNo this week! Not only that, but I finished the book I was writing for NaNo, and let me tell you, it was a lot longer than 50,000 words! But it gets better...my 8 year-old son completed his first attempt at NaNo. His goal wasn't 50,000 words, but he wanted to definitely reach over 1000. He made it to over 1600 words! And he's not done his story, so he's still working at each day.

2. In other exciting news...remember how I mentioned there could be an opportunity for bloggers to get easy access to a copy of NEVER ENOUGH (even overseas bloggers)??? Well, the opportunity is here! It has just been launched on Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab program. Follow this link to get your hands on a copy: http://www.galleygrab.com/?asset_url=9781442444287
I hope you enjoy it!!

3. It's been a crazy-busy month between Nano, homeschooling, and moving my mom into her new house. But we're finally almost done with moving and her new place is beautiful. Yay!!!

4. It's December!!! Holy cow, I can't believe it! I"m a bit of a Christmas nut, and yeah, I've had my tree up all year, but my son now has it decorated and it's feeling very festive in our household. I think it's nearly time to break out the eggnog! We're off to our first little Christmas party this weekend. How about you? Have you decorated? Are you excited about any upcoming holiday parties?

3 comments:

  1. No Christmas tree here yet, but the eggnog has been going in the coffee for at least a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Nano!! And congrats to your son too. That's so awesome. =)

    Yay galleygrab!! Definitely downloading it to review. Thanks for the link!

    And ack -- I can't believe it's so close to Christmas already. Where did this year go?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and your son! What a great accomplishment for him. I'm sure you're very proud.

    ReplyDelete