Monday, February 6, 2012

March Madness #WIPMadness Sign-Up!

ETA: I now have enough hosts for this year's March Madness! Thanks so much, everyone!

I've mentioned it on Twitter, but I figure I better start getting organized for this year's March Madness Writing Challenge.

What is March Madness? An annual writing challenge, kind of like Nano, but we all set our own ambitious goals and then cheer each other on to complete them.

How do we cheer each other on? Through daily check-ins on blogs throughout the blogosphere.

Why will you check in? Because you will need the encouragement...and...did I mention there will be prizes?

First and foremost, I'm looking for some writers with active blogs who would like to be a check-in host for this life-changing event! You'll need to be able to host up to four times during the month of March, encourage people who check-in at your blog, and offer something in the way of a prize that a writer would really appreciate (a critique, a gift card, a really great book, etc).

I've already heard from a couple of people who want to be check-in hosts, but I'm scatterbrained, so even if this is you, please email me and confirm that you'd like to do this and have a prize of some kind to offer. My email is d (at) denisejaden (dot) com

And for those of you who aren't aware, March Madness continues year-round, in a sense, under the hashtag #wipmadness on Twitter. If you just want to join in on the fun, but don't want to host, come and find us there!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm in! And I could be a check-in host if need be (but let the folks who expressed interest first come forward).

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had enough people respond to host yet, so if you want to, that would be great. Do you have a prize you can offer? If you want to email it to me at d(at)denisejaden(dot)come, that would be fabulous!

      Delete
  2. You've got me thinking about what I want to do in March. Hmm. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been convinced about what I should do for a while. Now it's just coming up with the motivation to follow through...

      Delete
  3. I'm in and can host if you still need hostesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, Anne! Is there a prize of some kind you would be able to contribute? Can you email me at d@denisejaden.com just to confirm, and so I have all the hosts listed in one place?

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I'm definitely in for March Madness! I can host & offer a prize if you need more people -- I'll email you.

      Delete
  4. March Madness, YES!

    I'm in: I have chips, three kinds of dips, hot and mild wings, and lots of cold drinks.

    Now to just figure out what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Denise, I can help with hosting too. Thinking my prize/giveaway would be a writing related book of choice. Will email, if you've got enough hosts though, no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This probably goes without saying, but count me IN. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how do we sign up to join? Also, how do we set our goals? I want to finish editing WIP during March, finish some worldbuilding and see if the present collaboration will work and finish 25k words on my next novel/novella project. This would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the "official" signup will be on my blog on Feb. 29th, but there will be more info coming next week about it. Glad to have you with us!!

      Delete