Sunday, January 13, 2013

March Madness Hosts Needed! #WIPMadness

ETA: Eeek! Thanks for the overwhelming response! I think we have enough hosts for 7 days per week (and then some!) I'll be back with more about March Madness soon!

I figure I better start getting organized for this year's March Madness Writing Challenge.

What is March Madness? An annual writing challenge, kind of like Nano, but we all set our own ambitious goals and then cheer each other on to complete them. Last year we also started opening it up to bloggers who want to set goals to blog more, or readers who want to set goals to read more or... pretty much any creative person who wants to challenge themselves to create more during the month of March.

How do we cheer each other on? Through daily check-ins on blogs throughout the blogosphere.

Why will you check in? Because you will need the encouragement...and...did I mention there will be prizes?

First and foremost, I'm looking for some writers with active blogs who would like to be a check-in host for this life-changing event! You'll need to be able to host up to four times during the month of March, encourage people who check-in at your blog, and offer something in the way of a prize that a writer would really appreciate (a critique, a gift card, a really great book, etc).

I've already heard from a couple of people who want to be check-in hosts, but I still need a few more.Email me and let me know if you are interested, what days of the week would be best for you to host, and what prize(s) you may be able to offer. My email is d (at) denisejaden (dot) com

And for those of you who aren't aware, March Madness continues year-round, in a sense, under the hashtag #wipmadness on Twitter. Throughout the year we have weekly blog check-ins on rotating blogs (during March we do this daily). If you just want to join in on the fun, but don't want to host, come and find us there, or check back here at the end of February to get in on all of the excitement!

9 comments:

  1. You can count me in, Denise. I coud do Mondays again, if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried I might have edits by then, but you can count on me for some prizes, even though I don't think I can commit to host this year. (because if I do, it will surely be the month things are due!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to donate a prize or two, that would be awesome, Jaye! (I almost said "stellar" but then realized my sentence would say stellar-jaye. LOL).

      I will contact you closer to March to find out what you'd like to contribute.

      Delete
    2. Count me in too! If you need a host, I can do it for you guys! I don't think I'll be busier than usually.

      Delete
  3. I think you've added a note up there stating you have enough hosts. That's great! Let me know if I can help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candilynn! You can help with morale, just by participating and hanging out with us :-)

      Delete
  4. Hey! I see you have enough hosts. Yay! I will donate a prize if that works for you.

    ReplyDelete