Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Five!

1. There are so many things I'm excited about right now. First, I'm putting together a contest and giving away an entire BOX of ARCs from ALA. It will be up later this weekend, in honor of Random Acts of Kindness day, and so you will have to perform some specific acts of kindness to enter. Stay tuned!

2. The audiobook for LOSING FAITH is in production! I didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed, but it is, and so now I can blab it from the rooftops! There will be an audiobook for LOSING FAITH (and hopefully NEVER ENOUGH - more on that coming). The best thing about this is the narrator, and I can't tell you who it is yet, but let's just say I'm super-excited about it. I've always wanted to have at least one of my books in audio, as I am a huge lover of audiobooks, so I'm thrilled that this is finally happening.

3. My awesome mother is taking me on a cruise! I'm terribly excited about this, as I haven't had a relaxing vacation in a long long while. Plus, I am so very ready for a piece of the sun. I've been dieting and working out strenuously to try to fit into some of my summer clothes before I go, so I'm a little bit grumpy these days, but still, terribly terribly excited!

4. Have you read CATCHING JORDAN by Miranda Kineally? If not, I highly recommend this book and I'm not even finished reading it. It's living in my gym bag right now and it is honestly my number one motivation for getting to the gym these days. Read it. You'll love it.
 Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)

5. March Madness! It's just around the corner and it's going to be AWESOME this year. If you don't know what it's about, you can check my blog for last March's posts - basically a lot of cameraderie and prizes for sticking to our writing goals throughout March. I encourage you to start thinking about your goals for March now. They should be ambitious goals, more ambitious than you make for the rest of the year (except perhaps if you participate in NaNo). They can be anything, though, and we will hold you accountable. There are some really amazing prizes to be won as well--critiques and books and ARCs. You'll want to be here, trust me. And if you're up for it, display the little badge below on your blog or wherever. Tell people you are a proud participant in March Madness and help us spread the word.


Thanks for helping spread the word, and don't forget to check back here on Sunday or Monday for my HUGE contest! Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the audiobook, Denise! That's fantastic news! And hooray for moms...I hope you have a wonderful time together on the cruise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the audio! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete