Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm not sure if you missed me, but I can promise you that I DID miss all of you. I went through a serious case of withdrawal from my online friends this last week. But I'm back and ready to catch up.

First, before I forget, I just want to mention that I'll be starting a new and awesome contest tomorrow, so please stop back and check it out. I'll be giving away a signed ARC by one of my favorite, made-of-awesomeness authors.

Secondly, I want to know what I missed! The blogosphere is way too huge to catch up properly after a week away, so help me out. What interesting stuff went on while I was offline?

It's been so long, I don't even remember how much I mentioned about where I was going and what I was doing, so here's a quick rundown. It was not a book-focused trip (I know it's hard to believe, but I DO have a life aside from writing and reading). My family took a trip down to Sacramento/San Francisco for about a week. My husband and I used to run a natural bodybuilding federation, and we're still pretty connected to that whole world. My husband was invited to judge a big bodybuilding competition and I was asked to take care of the tabulations. It was a long, grueling day of staring at almost-naked bodies, which all began to look alike after a while, and I wondered if agents have the same problem - no matter how good the manuscript (because these were some pretty impressive bodies!), I wonder if you read enough good writing if it starts to blend together and look the same.

From there, we traveled with our Californian friends into San Francisco. We spent one day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I did not attempt any of the death defying rides, but only because of the long lineups (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!) We stayed in a really cool hotel right downtown San Francisco. It used to be a high-end apartment, and the place had so much character, I just wanted to stay there forever. In fact, all of San Francisco has a lot of character, and I took a lot of notes because now I'm hoping to set my next book there. It was a very inspiring place, and I felt like if I could have stayed, I probably could have written a whole book in a week.

Of course no trip would be complete without stepping into a bookstore! I did stop by the Borders that was just down from our hotel room and snapped a few pix of some of my author friends' books. I swear, it's just as exciting for me every time!



So I'm serious about filling me in from last week. What interesting stuff happened that I missed out on - in your own life or around the Net?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a trip! I'm afraid I can't fill you in because we had relative in town and are planning to leav on our own trip, so I kinda missed out on what's what, too!

    Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, summers are busy, Angela! Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete