Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Calling Team Faith...

Three weeks until LOSING FAITH hits the shelves!

I've always wondered how debut authors manage to assemble "street teams"-- teams of people who will get out there and promote their books--before their novels have even released from the publisher. Maybe it's because a certain amount of online hype surrounded the book, or maybe they were lucky enough to get their hands on an advance copy of the book so they've already had time to read and love it. But I think in many cases, people join street teams to promote books by...faith.

Which got me to thinking...

Faith is believing and hoping for something you cannot yet see in the natural realm. So this is my proposal to you: what better book to have faith for the success of than LOSING FAITH?!

Did that sell you on the idea? Well, if not, never fear. There is something in it for you!

Starting today, I want to blitz the world with my beautiful new bookmarks:

 I'm happy to send these to anyone and EVERYONE who wants some. All I want to know is what you plan to do with them (and I only ask this so I know how many to send you). Here are some ideas....

Tell me if you have 5 or 10 or 100 friends you want to pass them out to.
Tell me if you have a local bookstore or library you'd like to drop some off at.
Maybe you have a blog and would love to give some signed bookmarks as prizes.
Maybe you want to casually leave some at the counter of your local movie theater?

Or if you have any other really cool ideas, please share (feel free to think outside the box!)

I'll send a combination of signed and unsigned, unless you tell me different, and don't worry, I'll make sure there is enough for you to be able to keep a few (and I'll throw in some author friends' bookmarks for good measure!)

...And, as a bonus, I'll send you a couple of official team "Got Faith?" stickers to display proudly anywhere you like!

The easiest way to do this, is if you just send me an email at d (at) denisejaden (dot) com. Tell me what you'd like some bookmarks for, include your mailing address, and I'll get them out to you as soon as possible (along with a HUGE thank you for helping to spread the faith!)

Or, if you'd rather just leave a comment below, just make sure to leave a way that I can contact you.

I'm looking forward to seeing who wants to be on the team and where my bookmarks will be going on their travels!

Thanks SO MUCH for having faith with me :-)


8 comments:

  1. Denise,

    I'd be happy to put some out here in North Jersey...libraries, book stores, community centers...I'll think on it. Email me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to spread some around Arkansas! I have a ton of friends who love to read, and my local library could use some bookmarks! :D
    You can e-mail me at chicababy_63019(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get them out to KC, Missouri libraries and bookstores!!

    My email is jenduffey81(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great fun! I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great marketing idea. A few years ago a TV show called Firefly was trying to "jump the shark" and they did used a similar strategy. The got a movie deal out of it. I hope you get something great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you know I'm always open to getting more bookmarks. just let me know. :-)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get some for my blog giveaways, and for my daughters school library! I am reading an ARC right now of this and LOVING IT!!!
    I already told my daughters school librarian to order it!

    Amy J
    djsfoxylady @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete