Monday, October 18, 2010

A Weekend of Events!

Before I forget, time has gotten a way on me a little, but I'm still planning on drawing a winner for a copy of HER AND ME AND YOU by Lauren Strasnick! I'll draw the winner on Wednesday, so if you haven't entered yet, make sure to drop by my interview with Lauren and comment. It'll only take a second.

My signing at Hemingway's on the weekend was fun and successful! Remember, if you didn't make it there and still want to pick up a signed copy of Losing Faith, you can order one through Hemingway's (there's a link on my website) or there's also a list of other upcoming signings. The next one will be at the SIWC Book Fair this coming Saturday. 

Here's a couple pictures of my signing at Hemingway's:

This was getting setup before it all started. Didn't they make a lovely display for me?!

And okay, to be honest, this is just me "pretend signing" before it really got going.

Another highlight of my weekend was Mindi Scott's launch party in Seattle! Mindi and I have been author-buddies, sharing the same imprint, publisher, and publicist, and it's been so great to share the journey with her! Her party was awesome, a huge showing of people, and she completely sold out of books before I could get a copy. But it's okay, because I will be signing with her in two weeks, and as long as she doesn't feel the need to sell out again....

Mindi talked about her book, did a short reading, and the whole evening was very enjoyable. But if that wasn't enough, I was fortunate to meet up with a few of my author-friends, and got to hang with a book blogger (Hi, Sarah!) who is reading my book right now.

Once again, I was a total lame-o and didn't bring my camera, but this shot is courtesy of the fabulous Kimberley Derting. From left to right: Holly Cupala, me!, Mindi Scott (isn't her dress beautiful?!), Kimberley Derting, Karen Kincy, and Mandy Hubbard.
It was a great time and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go. What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing weekend.

    I'm jealous of all those great West Coast authors you got to hang with. Bet it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Thank you so for coming, Denise. :-)

    ReplyDelete