Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Five!

1. If you haven't yet seen the EPIC contest I'm having through the holidays, make sure to stop by here. Or if you don't have time for that, just tweet this line and you're golden:

"I want a copy of the YA novel, LOSING FAITH by @denisejaden for Christmas! RT to enter to win!"

2. And one more way to win! My critique partner, Shana Silver, has generously donated another signed copy Losing Faith to the prize haul. She'll give it away as soon as she has 25 new followers on Twitter! You can find her under @shanasilver .

3. My review squee moment of the week: Ashley at The Book Labyrinth included this beautiful line in her review: I can’t believe this is Denise Jaden’s first novel, because the writing flowed so beautifully and the main character, Brie, was so engaging.

Wow. Seriously. Wow. Thank you, Ashley! Read the full review here.

4. As I mentioned in earlier weeks, I've been studying up a little on writing screenplays. I'd like to take one of my older novels and convert it to screenplay form for practice. I'm having a heck of a time setting tab stops, which seem to be essential for this venture, in Word. Can somebody out there give me a tutorial? Very frustrated.

5. Oh, yes, and I finished NaNo!!! I'll be back with a reflective blog post about it...soon. I actually completed my word count on the 21st, but I'm not happy with the whole end section, so I've been working on condensing it into an outline so my plot guru (aka Shana Silver) can look it over for me. The one thing I've found interesting? Going back through this book, I already like it much better than I thought I would. While trying to come up with 2500 words per day, I was sure that most of them were complete crap and would have to go on the first revision, but it really is much better than expected - even after only a few days of finishing! The whole process makes me think I should go back and look at The Novel We Don't Speak Of from NaNoWriMo 2008. What do you think? Should I? LOL.

Congratulations to all my friends who are also completing NaNo this week! There's plenty of wine andd chocolate for everybody!!!

1 comment: