Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Auction For Japan and a Special Honor!

Write Hope has put together an auction to support the relief efforts in Japan. They have gathered kidlit items including signed books and critiques to auction off. Yesterday a signed copy of LOSING FAITH was offered, and I believe that auction will be up for 72 hours. The book will be provided and signed by yours truly, and I'd be happy to sign it to you directly if you win. If you were thinking of buying some new books anyway, please check out the auction for some other great choices of books and let your money go to a good cause.

Since I've been seeing info about this all around the Internet, and because there is now an official listing, I think it's fine for me to announce the following...

LOSING FAITH is a finalist for the SCBWI Crystal Kite Awards! This is an award voted on by SCBWI members in each region, and I'm very thankful that many people in my region (Canada, Mexico, Central & South America) felt that my book deserved this honor. I'm thrilled to see my name among the awesome list of finalists!

If you're a SCBWI member, make sure to stop by the SCBWI website and vote for a finalist in your region.

Here's the full listing if you're interested, and congrats to many of my writer friends --Eileen Cook, Irene Latham, Sydney Salter, Holly Cupala, Christina Diaz Gonzales, Jandy Nelson, Jessica Leader, Matthew Kirby, Kimberly Little, Tammi Saurer-- to name a few, who are also on the list!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the finals with LOSING FAITH! That is awesome, and a huge accomplishment. I'll keep our fingers crossed for you! But with the amazing names you're up against, you've won just by making the finals.

    Best wishes! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making the list! whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Denise! I live in Iwate, Japan, about 100 km inland from the tsunami area, and I'd just like to thank you for helping out.

    ReplyDelete