Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A New Review and Fan Art!

I'm so excited about this new review of NEVER ENOUGH by Evie at Bookish! You can click on the link to read the whole thing, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite highlights:

She started the review by offering a few of her favorite quotes from the book. I LOVE this idea, because it helps me see what connects with individual readers. I'll just share one of her favorite quotes (truth be told, it's one of mine too!)

Our perfect posture could be the one reminder that Claire's not the secret love child of Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashton Kutcher. And I'm not the true offspring of Danny DeVito and an ungroomed poodle.
And here are a few other highlights from Evie's review...

 "Neither the blurb, nor the beautiful bright cover have prepared me for the intensely emotional ride I was taken on... Jaden's evocative and fluid prose is full of vivid emotions and gut-churning authenticity."

"Never Enough was captivating from start to finish and I found it very difficult to put down. The narrative voice is genuine and lively, and it makes Loann a relatable character."

 "The slowly developing romantic feelings between Loann and Marcus took the back seat to other, more profound and meaningful plot threats. And it was perfect this way. I loved the chemistry between Loann and Marcus."

"This book tells a harrowing tale of never-enoughs: people not pretty enough, not skinny enough, not interesting enough, not strong enough, or simply not good enough. And while it's mostly a sad and melancholic book, it's also one that ends with hope and promise rather than despair, and for that I absolutely and utterly loved it."
 And...if that was not enough to make me giddy with joy this week, I've also had an opportunity to see some more fan art for Losing Faith! I can't tell you how much I love this! Seeing someone else's artistic expression from one of my books? So awesome! 


Jada, a girl from my church, put together the following presentation as a school project. She got to choose the book (she chose Losing Faith) and did character drawings of all of the characters in the book. I LOVE that Jada let me take pictures of this and share it on my blog!









Tell me that isn't the COOLEST THING EVER! Thank you, Jada, for letting me share!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Denise, for posting about my review. I had such a wonderful time reading your book, it was a one-of-a-kind experience, and one that I will never-ever forget.

    I'm a fan, and a faithful one at that, which basically means you got yourself a persistent stalker :)

    My best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. That is so awesome to have fan art.

    ReplyDelete