Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Four!

1. What am I reading? THEN YOU WERE GONE by Lauren Strasnick. If you haven't read a book by this author, I highly recommend it, especially if you are an author. She is brilliant at saying so much with a few perfectly chosen words. I was saying on Twitter how I feel like I've taken a writing course after reading a Lauren Strasnick book, and it's true. A very enjoyable writing course.


2. What am I writing? I finished up my revision of FINDING HOPE a few days ago and it's off with a reader. I have a few things I need to get caught up on--marketing questionnaires, promised vlogs and interviews, etc. but I can feel myself resisting working on my next work-in-progress revision (another companion novel to LOSING FAITH called LIVING OUT LOUD). I've decided instead to push myself to get going on this revision. Once I'm caught up in it and enjoying the work (which I'm convinced will happen eventually), I will allow myself to put some time into other less-creative ventures that would probably otherwise take over my writing time.

3. Speaking of LIVING OUT LOUD...I won't tell you too much about it yet, but I will tell you this: It's in a guy's point of view (Trev, Tessa's love interest from FINDING HOPE). I've written a few short stories from guys' POV's before, but never a full novel (other than this one). Many of my point of view characters in my novels have stretched me, but this one is definitely stretching me the most. How do you get in the head of a guy (and why would anyone want to? LOL) Besides the male POV, I'm also changing this book from third person to first person, and changing much of it from past tense to present tense. I'm moving things around and trying to work with an alternating timeline. Not sure how it's working yet, but I will finish it up, put it aside and come back to look at it with fresh eyes and see.

Do you have a favorite male POV book you would recommend? I'd love to read a couple of good ones over the next little while.

4. The audio book of LOSING FAITH is finally available! I've already told you guys how excited I am for this, so I won't go on and on and on again. But if you're interested, you can get it from Audible or it will be up on Amazon and iTunes within the next few days. Even if you aren't able to buy a copy, I hope you'll stop by and listen to the sample (and ask your library to get it in). Becca Battoe did such an amazing job at bringing Brie's story to life, and I really want to share it with everyone who is part of my life. 

May the Fourth be with you all this weekend. (Yes, my Star Wars Christmas tree is still up in my living room, for those who are wondering.) Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Actually no matter if someonе dοesn't understand afterward its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it happens.

    Also visit my webpage: hcg diet injections for sale

    ReplyDelete