Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Crazy Life!

I just got back from a very last-minute whirlwind vacation. You see, my husband had to attend a seminar in LA, and we decided we could make it a road trip for the same price as his flight. So the three of us, plus my mom, hopped in the car and drove pretty much straight through from just outside Vancouver, Canada to LA.

We're not as young as we used to be. That's the first thing our aching backs and knees told us. But all in all, we did have a great time. We started with The Joker strapped to the front of our car...

When we were a lot younger, my husband and I made the same trip with a Barbie strapped to the front of our vehicle. When my son heard this little tidbit, he came up with this idea.

Both my son and I braved California Screamin', which is a huge feat for us, since neither of us are daredevils...

And I got to share my favorite ride, Space Mountain, with my husband and son, who both ended up loving it. (This was a great point of contention early in our marriage, actually, when my husband was terrorized by his first experience on this ride.)

We got home just in time for me to teach at a homeschool co-op I'm a part of, only to have to turn around that afternoon and head back to Seattle for my husband to judge a bodybuilding competition. Oh, and did I mention I have an anthology releasing this Friday...

And half an hour before we left for California, I spilled tea on my laptop and had to leave it at home in a box of rice! But it turned out that unplugging was a great thing for me. I feel tired, yes, but at the same time more relaxed and centered. I highly recommend unplugging from technology for a time (hopefully by choice and not by tea mishap!)

Anyway, this is just a quick post to let you know why I have been so absent as of late. My life has been a bit crazy, but I'm back and excited to share our Alice in Wonderland inspired anthology with you. Stay tuned for an awesome contest to celebrate its release!






3 comments:

  1. What a whirlwind! (A good whirlwind, but still a whirlwind, lol.) Glad to hear your vacation was fun, and also glad to hear your laptop survived! :)

    Three more sleeps 'til release day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Glad the laptop survived the tea mishap. I second Shari's-- three more sleeps. Eek! The book almost out in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is a loooooong drive! Yesterday I drove my daughter from Sacramento to Santa Maria (350 miles) and returned the same day. That was just about all I could handle. Good to hear that the rice worked!

    ReplyDelete