Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Four!

1. A couple of exciting new things arrived at our house this week! First, here's our little bundle of cuteness, who has been keeping me awake at night because apparently playing is much more important than sleeping! We're still looking for a name that the whole family is happy with, and we're open to suggestions.





2. And if that wasn't exciting enough....my first finished copy of Never Enough arrived in the mail this week! It looks very similar to the galley copy, except this version is matte instead of glossy, has a slightly nicer spine, and includes my fabulous blurbs in the front of the book.



3. On the writing front, lots is happening these days. I've gotten some fabulous blurbs for my non-fiction grief book, as well as a mock-up version of the cover. I hope to be able to share those with you very soon, and the plan is for the book to be available this fall!

4. Also, I've sent my latest manuscript to my agent, and I'm thrilled to report that she loves it and thinks it's ready! I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, but in case I haven't, this one has been through many titles in its short lifetime. It started as MILANO. But when the story moved out of the city of Milan, I had to change that. Then it was called DANGEROUS TRANSLATION. My agent felt that sounded a bit too adult, so then it changed to COVER ME. Finally I have settled on FOREIGN EXCHANGE, at least until my editor tells me to change it :-). It's about a girl who sneaks off from her class trip in Europe, along with her crush, when her best friend goes missing. I really LOVED researching this book, and LOVE Europe. It's set mostly in the cities of Barcelona and Venice. I hope I have the opportunity to go back soon.

5. Okay, one more thing...I'm back to revising another very new work in progress. This one is still untitled, but it's another YA contemporary novel centered around Christmas. I'm wondering if there are other YA novels taking place mostly in the Christmas season. If you can think of any, I'd love to hear!

Happy weekend, everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Your new book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited about it!

      Delete
  2. Yay for cute new additions and beautiful finished copies! As for Christmas books...only one that comes to mind is LET IT SNOW, which isn't really a novel (have you read it? three interconnected short stories). I love the idea of a Christmas novel! Good luck with it, and with FOREIGN EXCHANGE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shari! I haven't heard of Let It Snow, but I will look for it.

      Delete
  3. Aww, I love kittens. I swear my co-worker and I spent an hour today talking about our cats, haha.

    I also LOVEEEEE (etc) Christmas books. There are a few rom com type ones out, and I know Kieran Scott must love Christmas/holidays because she has 'Jingle Boy' & 'Ex-Mas', and there are Christmas books in her Private series (written as Kate Brian), anddd I believe 'The Best Girl' by Emma Harrison (another psuedonym for her) takes place around Christmas. There's also 'Dash & Lily's Book of Dares' by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan. 'Let It Snow', as mentioned by Shari, is fabulous.

    Check out these lists for more suggestions:
    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2895.YA_Holiday_Novels#3213286
    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5719.Winter_Break_for_YA#3213286
    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/14473.Holiday_Winter_YA_Books#3213286

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all the Christmas book suggestions, Ashley! I will definitely look into those. I still haven't read anything by Kieran Scott, but I do have one of her books on my TBR shelf.

      Delete
  4. What a cute kitty! I hope you can agree on a name soon.

    Congrats on your book! I loved hearing all the different titles it went through. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete