1. A couple of exciting new things arrived at our house this week! First, here's our little bundle of cuteness, who has been keeping me awake at night because apparently playing is much more important than sleeping! We're still looking for a name that the whole family is happy with, and we're open to suggestions.
2. And if that wasn't exciting enough....my first finished copy of Never Enough arrived in the mail this week! It looks very similar to the galley copy, except this version is matte instead of glossy, has a slightly nicer spine, and includes my fabulous blurbs in the front of the book.
3. On the writing front, lots is happening these days. I've gotten some fabulous blurbs for my non-fiction grief book, as well as a mock-up version of the cover. I hope to be able to share those with you very soon, and the plan is for the book to be available this fall!
4. Also, I've sent my latest manuscript to my agent, and I'm thrilled to report that she loves it and thinks it's ready! I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, but in case I haven't, this one has been through many titles in its short lifetime. It started as MILANO. But when the story moved out of the city of Milan, I had to change that. Then it was called DANGEROUS TRANSLATION. My agent felt that sounded a bit too adult, so then it changed to COVER ME. Finally I have settled on FOREIGN EXCHANGE, at least until my editor tells me to change it :-). It's about a girl who sneaks off from her class trip in Europe, along with her crush, when her best friend goes missing. I really LOVED researching this book, and LOVE Europe. It's set mostly in the cities of Barcelona and Venice. I hope I have the opportunity to go back soon.
5. Okay, one more thing...I'm back to revising another very new work in progress. This one is still untitled, but it's another YA contemporary novel centered around Christmas. I'm wondering if there are other YA novels taking place mostly in the Christmas season. If you can think of any, I'd love to hear!
Happy weekend, everybody!