Okay, now don't be too disappointed, but I don't have an interview to share with you this week. However, I DO have a signed advance copy of FORGE!
Yes, you read that right! Today I'm featuring one of my very favorite authors, Laurie Halse Anderson, just because I think she's amazing, and I'm giving away her ARC, just because I appreciate all of you!
Just to prove to you all that I have a copy and it is signed by the lady herself, here's a picture of me being all can-barely-form-a-sentence fangirl with Laurie at BEA. Sorry about the blurry pic - it's from my cell phone. But still, I will treasure it always.
FORGE is a sequel to CHAINS, still in the midst of the American Revolution, but this time switching perspectives from Isabel to Curzon. One of my favorite things is hearing my favorite authors read from their books. Here's a little glimpse at Laurie reading the prologue of FORGE:
I love hearing the story the way the author meant for it to be told. (If you watch this before reading the rest, you'll hear her inflection through the whole thing). So here is what I'm going to do for the contest this week. I'm going to open this one up internationally, for anyone over 13 (or have someone over 13 enter for you). The contest will be open until next Tuesday night (August 3rd) at midnight PST. I'll announce the winner...as soon as I can after that.
Here's the game play: Because I love to bless other people, especially those who have blessed me (as in providing awesome books to read, being a great inspiration and encourager, etc. etc.) and also I love to chat about my favorite authors and what other people like best about them, let's come up with one hundred and one reasons we LOVE Laurie Halse Anderson. You can leave your reason in the comments below, or tweet a DIFFERENT reason using @denisejaden and @halseanderson (so I can find you if you win) in the tweet for an extra entry! In fact, for each different reason you tweet, I'll enter your name again for the prize.
Make sure to spread the word, though, because if we don't come up with a hundred and one...I'm keeping my precious copy! (Well, not really. But still spread the word anyway, k?)
You can give me a general reason, or a favorite character, favorite book, favorite scene...whatever you like. Let's bless the socks off of Laurie this week, just for fun!
I'll start with one of my many reasons, and I'll tweet some favorite books/characters later: I cannot get enough of Laurie Halse Anderson's writing voice. It's absolutely easy to read and engaging in everything she writes.
Your turn! And good luck!