Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Path to Publication: Two Months and Counting...

As of today, it's two months until my first book hits the bookstores! Actually, September 7th is what's known as the "soft release date", so my book could be found slightly before that. It's my understanding that it's usually only the huge books that everyone's waiting for that they give a hard release date to these days.

People have told me--back a year and a half ago when I couldn't believe how long I'd have to wait--that it WOULD go fast. And okay, yes, they were very, very right. I feel a little like my head is spinning now. I feel like I just posted a few days ago about being six months away from publication!

Anyway, here I am, and lots is happening in the pre-release phase of my life. I'm busy organizing a blog tour, which is going very well. I'm starting to hear about people who will be reviewing my book soon (though I actually haven't seen any real reviews yet - this keeps me on edge, just a little:). I'm still in the works of putting together a launch party, which will likely be September 18th, so if you're in the Vancouver area, keep that date open!

As far as the actual book goes, I've been done with that for quite a while now. My last phase of editing was the First Pass Pages, which I finished up several months ago. I'm still highly in love with my ARC (advance copy) of LOSING FAITH, and coddle it regularly.

My second book is done and with my agent, so I've managed to keep my head above water on the writing front during this whole path to publication (it has not been easy, but thankfully, I've had lots of friends kicking my...er, cheering me on).

Now my days feel both exciting and terrifying. I wake up not knowing whether I'll open my computer to find a tweet from one of my writing idols, or a review that might knock the wind out of me. But I'm thankful to be here, and I can't wait to tell you about the rest of the process as it happens.

Two months and counting...

7 comments:

  1. It does go quickly! I'm so excited for you, Denise, and cheering for your launch all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only two months! Wow, I didn't realize it was coming up that fast! I can hardly wait, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Cheering for you and thanks for letting us follow along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soon! Though I'm sure it still feels like ages to you :) I can't wait to go pick up my very own copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilled for you! And you know I'm watching and taking notes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey with us -- I love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete