Thursday, December 1, 2011

My First School Visit!

I mentioned on Twitter a few weeks ago that I did my first school visit just recently. It was a blast, and the kids were so great to get to know. There was around 60 kids--all grades 6-8--and they were ALL enrolled in NaNoWriMo! Isn't that the coolest thing ever?!

I talked to them a little about my experiences with NaNo, hopefully inspired them a little, and came home inspired myself--both to get my son writing during November, as well as to set up more opportunities to talk to kids about NaNoWriMo.

In between writing over 89,000 words this month, homeschooling my son, and generally keeping up with life, I didn't have time to visit any more schools, but I want to let all the teachers out there know well in advance that I'd LOVE to talk to you class next year about NaNo, hopefully in September or October, if you're interested in participating in the month-long writing stint. I'm happy to do Skype visits or local visits, whatever works best depending on location, but please do shoot me an email if you'd like to set something up!

And a couple of pictures from my recent event... (Notice their rapt attention and their very organized list of all their individual word count goals!)


Thanks again to Cheryl Angst for the invitation. It was great fun!

3 comments:

  1. So cool about all those kids doing NaNo! I'm sure they would've been super-inspired having you visit! Yay Denise! (Also, awesome bulletin board, eh?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great - I had no idea kids were doing NaNo. And over 89,000 words this month - WHAT??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat about those kids! What a great experience for you both!

    ReplyDelete