Friday, September 6, 2013

Eek! Is it Friday, Already?

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone! I wouldn't have bothered doing a Friday Four this week, but I have one thing in particular I'm excited to show you. But first, here's what else I've been up to...

1. I got copyedits for FAST FICTION this week. Feeling a little overwhelmed, because at the copyedit stage, in the past, I've only had to focus on small things like typos and sentence structure. I wasn't expecting the huge shifts of chapters and rewriting entire sections and answering question after question for clarity. That said, I'm extremely thankful for this copyeditor I'm working with. He's talented and insightful and there's no doubt in my mind that FAST FICTION will be a much better book for all his help.

2. My mom's having a big birthday on Monday (no, I won't tell you how old!), so my sister-in-law and I put together a little surprise party for her. It went off without a hitch and we had a lot of fun celebrating with many of her friends.

3. Today I started a NaNoWriMo class for a group of homeschool kids including my son. It was a lot of fun! We're working through a workbook from the nanowrimo.org website, and today we all had fun drawing pictures of our inner editors and then stuffing them away where they can't bother us for a few months.

4. And finally...the part I'm most excited about. I have a new cover for WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART! I wanted something a bit more similar to FAST FICTION, so they would look nice shelved together. Here's the new cover, designed by Steven Novak from Novak Illustration. Let me know what you think!


Happy weekend, everyone! I'll be working on edits this weekend. What are you up to?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that cover, Denise! It's fantastic. Very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad you like it. I've just added my new covers to the header...

    ReplyDelete