Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hello, Hello!

It's been a long time since I've blogged, and mostly that is because I have been pouring out words elsewhere lately. I'm still working away at my Nanowrimo project, which is well over 100,000 words now, but I'm hoping will break nicely into two books eventually. I'm still really enjoying the writing of it, but I'm finding now that November has passed, it is more difficult for both me and my family to keep my writing time as a priority. So I'm still plugging away, but progress is definitely slower. I'm still loving writing the book, though, and often skip any time I may have for reading these days and want to write instead, which is a nice feeling, especially this far into a book.

For many people, I know December marks one of the busiest times of the year, but for me several things that were keeping me busy through the last few months have actually come to a close. I hope this is a month where I'll be able to catch up a little and get organized.

Other than writing a new novel and a half, I have been quite busy working on different movie and TV sets. It's a lot of fun, but also has its down points - such as not knowing where and when I'll be needed on set, or wardrobe requirements, until late the night before. Also I've been doing a lot of outside work in the cold, rainy weather. Brrrrrr!

We've also had a variety of house guests and I've been working hard to organize a huge homeschool co-op for the spring (as well as tying up the first term in my son's homeschooling efforts).

Oh yeah, and I had a book come out in October.

Like I said, it's been a busy season!

But I'm not complaining. This is all very good stuff, and I'm so very blessed to have the life I have. I just wanted to drop a note to say hello, and catch up with anyone who still might read my blog. *Yells hello into the void*,

If you're out there and listening, what have you been reading or writing or doing with your time? What have been the recent challenges and successes in your world?

2 comments:

  1. Hellooooooooooooo! :)

    Currently reading Sarah Bessey's OUT OF SORTS. Before that, Liz Gilbert's BIG MAGIC (which I absolutely loved). Next up is A.S. King's I CRAWL THROUGH IT, which has been calling to me since the day it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's all good news. I am in the beginning of a kitchen renovation and move. Not much writing getting done right now. But this to shall pass. Good luck with your October baby.

    ReplyDelete