Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday (Is It Friday Already?) Four

1. 48,000 words and counting on NaNo. In the midst of the climax and so close to the finish line I could spit over it. Why is THIS the hardest point to keep going?

2. American Thanksgiving has me thinking of all the many things I'm thankful for. Right now I'm thankful for mandarin oranges, cold mornings where I get to stay inside, and my blog and book readers. In no particular order...

3. I'll be raising the price slightly on my nonfiction book, WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART. I admit, before I published it, I hadn't done a lot of research into pricing. I just knew that $2.99 was the threshold with Amazon to put me in the higher royalty-earning bracket for ebooks. I've since done more research and found that most writing craft books are priced significantly higher. WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART will still be very much still on the low end, and I'm okay with that because I'm not doing much marketing, hoping the low price will make it appealing, and also it's not a terribly lengthy book.

But...if you are a blog reader of mine and are still wanting a copy (or want to get a copy for a writer-friend for Christmas), click the link above to get it at the lower price before it goes up.

4. My son turned nine while we were away on holidays. People say it goes fast--raising children--but holy cow! I'll be spending my time this weekend trying to keep my sanity around a group of nine year olds. Any ideas for indoor party games for this age? So far I have them building and decorating marshmallow men and playing pirate charades, but it's supposed to rain, so I'm open to other ideas.

Happy weekend, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment