Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wow, It's Been A While...

I guess I've kind of dropped the ball on blogging lately, huh? I have a few decent excuses.

First, I'm still working hard at NaNoWriMo. Since November 1st I have written just over 47,000 words on a new YA novel! I don't like to talk about my novels too much before they're written, but since this one is close to being done, I'll tell you a couple little tidbits. It's tentatively titled TENT and it's about a girl named Delaney who gets caught up in the world of religious tent meetings and unwanted miracles. I'm having fun researching this one, and especially researching the location. It's set in South Carolina. My fingers are crossed that I'll get a chance to visit there at some point during the writing/revising process.

Secondly, we took a family vacation this month to Florida! I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time (years) but we ended up booking the actual dates very last minute. And yes, I kept writing on my NaNo project every day on vacation. At least a little.

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan (*cringes away from all the people who want to hit me*) but I must say, the Harry Potter ride at Universal is probably the best ride I've been on. That, or Expedition Everest.

They really do things up big in Florida (besides the ride, the Harry Potter castle was quite amazing.)

We spent all of our ten days away pretty much walking. And walking. And more walking. My feet and back are tired, but it was a very satisfying and fun vacation.

Then on the way home we had something really cool happen. We had a 3 hour layover in the Dallas airport. None of us were all that happy to be stuck there, but we chilled out in the little food fair in the airport terminal. My husband kept saying that a guy at the table behind us looked like Toby Mac - who is my son's favorite musician. It turned out it WAS Toby Mac, and not only that, but he came over and complimented my son on his shoes.

My son told us later that in a group class he goes to each week, his teacher asked everyone what they would wish more more than anything else in the world. My son said he wished he could meet Toby Mac!

So right up until the end it was a fun and exciting vacation for us. Life is always busy getting caught up after being out of town, but I hope to be around more on the blog in the next while. I'll also be holding some upcoming giveaways and such once I get organized.

Hope everyone else has had a great November!

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!! Please enjoy an extra serving of stuffing and pumpkin pie for me :-)


3 comments:

  1. wow! i’m happy for your son! hehe. what a dream come true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab trip! I was just there in September, at Disney for the first time ever, and we went to Universal as well. Totally agreed about the Harry Potter ride. I'm a huge HP fan anyway, but that ride is just FANTASTIC. Love Expedition Everest as well. Those were definitely my favourites, along with Space Mountain and Rock'n'roller coaster.

    Very interesting idea for the new book! That's awesome that it's going so well for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of your NaNo book! Way to go getting your words done even on vacation. :)

    Very cool that your son got to meet Toby Mac!

    ReplyDelete