Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Good News! (It comes in THREE'S!)

I have had some really wonderful news lately. So much that I truly feel humbled by it. Some of it is a little older news than others, but I've had to sit on it for various reasons. I think this is finally all okay to share (and even if it's not, I'm going to anyway, lest I explode.)

I was thinking I should start with the least exciting thing and work my way up, but the thing is, all three of these things are REALLY exciting, at least for me. I have to start somewhere, so let's start in the order I've heard about these awesome nuggets of news.

1. I MADE MY FIRST FOREIGN RIGHTS DEAL!!!! I know, I know, it deserves more exclamation points. But I have to save some for my other good news. I heard, quite a while ago now, that Hungarian publisher Konymolykepzo Publishing House will publish NEVER ENOUGH! They publish 200 titles per year (and mine is one of them!) such as the Twilight series, Cassandra Clare, Lauren Kate, and Becca Fitzpatrick. I'm keeping wonderful company these days!

I wasn't sure exactly when I could share this, but I just received the contracts, already signed by the publisher, so I think it's okay now.

2. I'M GOING TO HAVE AN AMAZING NEW AUDIOBOOK! I mentioned on my blog a couple of weeks ago that my first audiobook is in production with AN ULTRA-COOL NARRATOR. There were things like contracts and approvals to deal with before I could officially tell you who it is, but I think it's fine now. Especially since the audiobook should be available in only a couple of months! This is for the audiobook of LOSING FAITH, and the narrator is Becca Battoe! If you're not jumping up and down with recognition yet, I'll explain further: Becca Battoe is the narrator of the FIFTY SHADES OF GREY series!


So, um, just so we're clear...LOSING FAITH is nothing like FIFTY SHADES OF GREY in its themes and whatnot. And Becca has also narrated for authors like Judy Blume. But lets face it, I got your attention with the Fifty Shades thing. 

Becca is a very experienced, talented, and sought-after narrator and I'm absolutely THRILLED that she has taken LOSING FAITH into her production schedule. I've already had the opportunity to listen to the first fifteen minutes of LOSING FAITH. I promise you, even if you've already read the book, the audiobook is going to be so worth getting. You're going to love it from the very first line!   

3. And here is my most recent good news...I admit, this one is probably the most exciting to me, because it is the most recent. I was on the way from the airport to the cruise ship I would be boarding with my mom, just last week, when I got a very good email from my agent. 

I SOLD ANOTHER BOOK!!!!! All my March Madness/#WIPMadness buddies will appreciate this one. It's a non-fiction book for writers. Some of you may remember that I self-published WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART. While my agent loved that one, she felt it was too short to be traditionally salable. I admit, since it's been a while since I've worked on that book, my confidence wanes from time to time. I wonder if I really had anything useful to say, or if it was all just my silly drivel that no one else would truly be interested in. So, for me, when I made a deal to publish FAST FICTION with New World Library, this was a huge confidence boost for me. I really feel like a viable non-fiction AND a fiction author now. With my previous traditional publishing contracts, it took many months (I think even over a year once) to receive and finalize contracts, but with New World Library, look! It's already official!



I don't have an official synopsis of FAST FICTION yet, but I'll tell you a little bit about it. It's geared at writers who are interested in a NaNoWriMo-like challenge, but don't want to waste their time on something that will not be publishable in the end. It is made up of three parts: the first is a section on brainstorming, creating a loose story plan, and making that plan as strong as possible. The second section is a day-by-day set of tips and motivations to get writers through a month of fast drafting. The third is a very short section on revision.

I'm absolutely THRILLED that this book is going to find its place in this world and I'm so incredibly grateful for this and all of my recent good news. I've kind of been celebrating all week, with the cruise and all, but I hope you'll all still celebrate with me here. Because, really, the only people that understand the magnitude of these things are other writers, right? 

*Hands each of you a glass of virtual champagne* 





53 comments:

  1. YAAAAY! So much good news! I'm very happy for you, Denise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *clinks glasses with you* So much awesome news!!! Congratulations, Denise! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clink, clink, clink! We'll do it for real in Oct. Thanks, Shari!

      Delete
  3. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! AND CONGRATULATIONS!

    That's amazing and fantastic news. By the way, from what I hear the Hungarian fans are particularly wonderful. Now you have to do some traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat, and good to know about Hungary! Extra-exciting now!

      Delete
  4. Yay, Denise! That's 50 shades of awesome!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats on ALL of this great news, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *slurps virtual champagne* So awesome Denise! Congrats to you all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Slurps right along with you* Thanks, Jaye!

      Delete
  7. SQUEEE! And sign me up for that awesome book, too. Which one you ask? all of them! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations! Looking forward to FAst Fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

    And I'm so looking forward to welcoming the readers of your writing book to #WIPMADNESS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fabulous news, Denise!!! Congratulations! You must have been bursting with the excitement of it all! I'm so happy for you. I'll be in line for a copy, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Carol! Yes, I was definitely bursting...

      Delete
  11. That's wonderful, Denise - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three huge cheers of congratulations!!! Thrilled for you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited and happy for you! I can't wait to see FAST FICTION on the shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank god for that virtual glass of champagne because my head nearly exploded with all that good news! CONGRATULATIONS! It's so awesome, so validating and so deserved. You are a triple (possibly quadruple) threat, lady! Bask in your own glory for a while! *clinks sloshing glass*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm glad I'm not alone, Alex! Thanks so much for all of your good wishes!

      Delete
  15. Ooooooh, congrats about all of these, Denise! How wonderful to see GOOD news in threes! :-) A huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is an impressive hat trick of great news! Congrats on all your success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! That's very, very exciting news! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for you, Denise, and I seriously need a copy of FAST FICTION. I'm the antithesis of fast. I made the tortoise turn in his track shoes, basically. Spinning in my chair for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping it will be helpful for all types of writers.

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks, Candilynn! I'll say it again...it only takes one!

      Delete
  20. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Literally cannot not stop smiling for you, Denise. That is a crazy crazy good bunch of news. You deserve every bit of all this wonder coming your way. WOOT!

    ReplyDelete