Friday, March 29, 2013

March Madness Check-In Day 29! #WIPMadness

TWO MORE DAYS!

I was tempted to just leave this post at those three words, because ISN'T THAT EXCITING?! We're almost there! And whether we've completed our goals, or gotten publishing contracts (yes, this HAS happened--ahem--Misha), or changed our goals, or fallen miles behind our proposed goals, the truth is, we've still probably made more headway than we would have without one another's support.


So THANK YOU ALL!

People in my real-life life often ask me why I'm doing this and how I find the time, and all sorts of other questions that seem to give the impression that March Madness is some kind of big SELFLESS act on my behalf. I hate to burst your Mother-Teresa-like bubble of me, but I do this for myself more than for anyone. I LOVE March Madness and the motivation and accountability it gives me toward serious productivity. I love all of your company, and I love the little nuggets of wisdom that emerge on the different blogs and in the comments over the month.

So, really. Thank YOU!

I hope you'll join us again next year (and invite all of your creative friends), as March Madness is still in its infantile stages of world domination. But we will get there!

Two more days left! Tell me in the comments what was your favorite thing about March Madness this year, and also what you would like to see different for next year. I'm all ears! And don't forget to check in on Kim's blog tomorrow.

We have one more winner today.

Brooke Younker!

Stop by this post to pick your prize, and then email me your choice at d(at)denisejaden(dot)com. We still have lots of prizes left to give. I may give some of our books away in a group to save on postage. Stop back here on April 1st to see if there are any prizes still being awarded.

Also, one important note: we do continue to encourage each other all year long on Twitter under the hashtag #WIPMadness. You are all more than welcome to join us! Also, we continue weekly (rather than daily) check-ins on blogs throughout the year. Our wonderful March Madness host, Mary Ann, will be hosting in April, so make sure to stop by her blog and let us know how it's going.

Not trying to sound like a broken record here, but seriously, thank you so much for joining me for the month. It's been a ton of fun productivity!

19 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about MM this year is the accountability. I've fallen off the enthusiastic writing wagon a few times, and it always seems that someone either tweets me or messages me on FB, "Hey, what's up?" I'm completely appreciative for all the support around the group.

    And a HUGE congrats to Misha!!!
    Yay to Brooke, too!

    In these last two days, I'll be continuing on with revisions. Who knew revising a 500-word picture book could be so grueling?

    March on, Wipsters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking of attempting a picture book, but, yeah, when it actually comes to the nitty gritty of doing it, it seems harder than one might think!

      I also love the accountability, here and on Twitter. Thanks for joining us, Candi!

      Delete
  2. For me, even though I haven't been here daily - it's been great to see old friends and new - especially those of you have been at this for a while.

    I've got 5000 words on a new MG :0)
    Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for 5000 words, Jaye, and it was great to have you here.

      Delete
  3. March madness got me writing regularly and focusing on goals for me. WIN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Win-win, because it's been great for all of us having you here, too!

      Delete
  4. I just love how we all support each other. Thanks for letting me be a part of this! Sometimes the insecurity in me, that I'm not good enough as I don't have an agent/traditional publisher, kind of gets me down but you guys always bring me back up. Thanks!

    Just got proofs today. I know what my next week's going to be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel so much camaraderie and understanding. This is such a great group we have!

      Yay for proofs! Hope all looks great...

      Delete
  5. Lacking focus is a big issue for me right now, so March Madness has given me daily reminders that I'm still doin' this thing called writing. ^_^ Thanks again, D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we will continue to be here. As much as you need us. :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh, so many things I'm taking away from this March Madness. Meeting such a supportive group of writers, feeling driven to write everyday (having to report-in was very encouraging!), and almost finishing this revision, despite being totally distracted by pitmad today.

    It's been a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. March was an incredibly busy month for me in my non-writing life, and if it wasn't for March Madness, I'm sure I would've let many days rush by without working toward my goal.

    I'm so thankful for the awesome March Madness/wipmadness community! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So busy for me too, Shari, and I agree completely! Without MM, I probably would have gotten very little done.

      Delete
  8. I wish the end of March Madness wasn't coinciding with Easter weekend this year -- there are more happenings in my life and less writing as a result. But the accountability keeps me trying. Yesterday I finished reading the book I'm supposed to be reviewing and I'm hoping to have at least a draft of the review done before Sunday and March are over.

    I really appreciate my inclusion in this band of wipsters, despite not writing in the genre that most of the others embrace. The support everyone offers is so helpful!

    Write on, everyone! Make the most of these last two days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Easter weekend is busy for me too, Carol. Hoping to still squeeze in a little bit of work each day...

      Glad you were here with us!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the contract, Misha. Yay for the win, Brooke. :)


    I'm thankful for the courage March Madness gave me last year and revitalized this entire month. The encouragement and shared wisdom gave me something to look forward to and helped push me ahead with my goals. I'm excited for the craziness in April and beyond but now that I know #wipmadness continues on, I think this year will be even better than last.


    Thanks for letting me be a part of a great collective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad MM has helped you with your goals, Tonette! All the very best with your April goals too!

      Delete
  10. :/ Almost forgot to check in today! (Thanks, Angelina!)

    Crazy month. Met my goals, but still so much more to do. Thanks, Denise, for setting everything up! And I agree––the motivation and accountability are what make it productive (and that leads to it being awesome, of course). Can't wait for next year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats again, Brooke! (I didn't get an email from you--is there something you wanted from our remaining prizes?)

      Great to have you here with us.

      Delete