Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Four!

It's been a crazy-busy time for me lately (I keep saying that, don't I?) Anyway, lots of fun stuff going on in my life these days.

1. It looks like I'm going to be in a movie! I auditioned with my Polynesian dance group last week and several of us were cast for a luau scene. Not sure how much else I can share, but the filming is really soon, and I'm sure I'll be able to tell you more about it after that. Getting prepared for this and organizing the details has been taking up a lot of my time lately.

2. I've been balancing copyedits for Fast Fiction, and tying up revisions on two other books in the last few weeks. The good news is, copyedits are done, and one of my revised manuscripts is now with my agent! The bad news? I don't think there is any bad news. Yay!!

3. Speaking of Fast Fiction, I got a peek at the typeset pages and how the guts of the book will look the other day! I LOVE them. Seriously. Lots of people say it feels like a real book when you see the cover or when you hold the galley in your hands. For me it felt like a real book when I saw the typeset pages. Remember how I mentioned some of the differences between self-publishing, small-house publishing, and big-house publishing? Well, I've been pleasantly surprised all along the way with New World Library. They have asked for my feedback at every turn along the way, and I can really tell they're putting a lot of effort into this book, which is really gratifying.

4. I'm still teaching a homeschool writing class on Fridays, and it has been going really well. When I set the kids loose for some free-writing, I've also been doing some free-writing myself on my upcoming NaNoWriMo project. I'm starting to get really excited for these characters!

Anyone else getting ready to participate in NaNo? Any teachers out there who have advice on taking a class of kids through it?

Have a great weekend! I think we're getting a little bit of sunshine back!

1 comment:

  1. Love this "I don't think there's any bad news"
    Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete