Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Hey, It's Friday!

Wow, life has gotten away on me again. It's been a while since I've blogged, and even longer since I've felt like I had time to blog. Anyway, here's a quick Friday Four to let you know what I've been up to...

1. Just added another Awesome Book to my 12 Awesome Books in the sidebar. This one is THE BOOK OF BROKEN HEARTS by Sarah Ockler. I love everything by her (it must be in the name--I like A LOT of books by Sarahs!) but this one hit me in just the right way at just the right time. A very tender story about a girl and her dad. And a hot boy, of course. Can't forget about him. Anyway, I highly recommend it!

2. If you follow me on Facebook, you may have heard about all my excitement filming a movie last week. A few of the Polynesian dance troupe I work with were hired to be part of a big luau scene for the Nickelodeon movie, A FAIRLY ODD SUMMER. It doesn't come out until next August, but we had a fun, cold, exhausting time filming it (did I mention this was filmed in Vancouver in October in the middle of the night?) Here's our group at 3 a.m. (I'm on the far right, but please, please, don't look too closely!)


3. I'm very excited about several events coming up, and I'll probably do an Events Post soon to highlight all of them, but for now I'll just highlight the next one. Next weekend I'll be at the Surrey International Writers' Conference in Surrey, B.C. I'll be signing copies of all my books (except for Fast Fiction, because it's not out yet, but I do have bookmarks!) during their book fair on Saturday night. More information is at siwc.ca 

4. And here's something I'm really excited about...I've been working for a while on a secret new website. I have to have it ready for next week for the official launch, but I'll just call this a soft launch and let you, my awesome blog readers, know ahead of time. It's called Author Starts, and you can stop by to see a bit more of what it's about. If you have any comments, I would LOVE to hear them--good or bad. I'd love to get it running as smoothly as possible, with as much useful information as possible, before next week.

Happy weekend, everyone! My son is competing in a judo tournament, so I'm a very nervous Mom...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new venture, Denise! The site looks great. :)

    Looking forward to seeing you at Surrey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shari, and looking forward to hanging out with you next week!

      Delete