Wednesday, May 28, 2014

End of May #WIPMadness Check-in - What did you accomplish this month?

Surprise, surprise! I made it back for another May check-in! You know the saying, "A busy person gets more done?" Yes, well, apparently it's true.

I have finished up a big writing project this month, as well as started working on my screenplay again, and now I've just received my edits on FOREIGN EXCHANGE, so I'm busy at work on those. It's the end of the school year, so tying up projects and last-minute field trips and reporting in have also kept me very busy.

I've also been reading some FABULOUS novels this month. I'll be back when I have a little more time to share about those, because I want to do them justice, but if you've read anything amazing lately, I'd love to hear about it.

How about you? Did you get more than you thought you would done this month? Did you start something new? Or did you take some much needed time off?

I think our next official #WIPMadness host is scheduled for July, unless anyone would like to take on June??? Not much is required (as you can see by my May jump-in posts!) Just post a check-in on your blog each Monday and tweet about it so we don't forget. Anyone up for that?

Anyway, I hope your May has been wonderful, whatever you have been up to!


8 comments:

  1. July please! That way I can outline in June. I finished my first draft of CAMP DOGS. It's not YA but I introduce a character to use in a follow-up YA version (one friend suggested I change the entire book to make her the protag...I'll think about it). I've started drafting characters for my very first official YA, NOW I KNEW YOU. I've read a lot of great books, including THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. Loved it! Can't wait for the movie. And, of course, LOSING FAITH by this awesome Canadian chick. Who said you were only good for hockey and beer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a host scheduled for July, Ron, but what about August? If you're into hosting a check-in each week in August, just let me know.

      I'm so glad you enjoyed tfios, and of course LOSING FAITH!!

      Delete
  2. I'm not quite sure where May went, but I've puttered my way through it doing various things, only one of which was writing. The word count of my new WIP is slowly growing, but I'm easily distracted by gardening, family visits, etc. This is one of those times when the luxury of not having a deadline is welcome! Then again, if I had one I would be getting a whole lot more accomplished. :)

    I won't be available much of June, so will check here periodically to see if someone else has volunteered to host. Otherwise, our Twitter exchanges will have to suffice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If no one else steps up for June, I'll probably just do another willy-nilly check in when I find the time. Glad you had a good May, even if it wasn't all writing :)

      Delete
  3. Love these surprise check-ins :) I started querying this month and received some really helpful agent feedback, so I'm taking a querying break to do a revision before I carry on. So that's my June goal: get this revision done and off to readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Jennifer. And congrats on getting such great and helpful feedback. That is always a step in the right direction.

      Delete
  4. Ack! I didn't get nearly enough done. Maybe this month will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post?
    Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete