Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Surprise May Check-In #WIPMadness

Hi all,

I knew I wouldn't have the organizational skills to keep up on hosting WIP Madness through May, but at the same time, it's really hard to set goals and keep up on them in 140 characters or less, isn't it?

So this post will serve as our at least a one-time check-in for May. I can't promise more, but I will try.

What are you up to this month? Have you already set goals? Have you already achieved or made headway toward them?

As for me, I was in limbo waiting for feedback on a couple of projects. In the meantime, I was working on mapping out an online course I plan to teach this summer. Of course I got all the feedback on my manuscripts at once, so not I'm working hard at figuring out how to best implement it all. I hope to get one manuscript polished off by the end of May.

How about you?

(Also, I wanted to add the little WIPMadness badge that some awesome person made up for us - Was that Mary Ann? I'm lacking in organizational skills, remember?--but I can't find it anywhere in my files. Does anyone still have this kicking around? This one works (thanks, Carol!) but I was looking for the one that said WIPMadness and included the little harried character.)

#Wipmadness Participant!Okay, now THIS is funny. Carol just wrote and said, "You have a graphic that sounds like that... "#WIPmadness Participant" with a harried guy... in your blog's sidebar already. Is that the one?"

Yes, Carol, that is EXACTLY the one I meant! So there's a little glimpse into my disorganized state these days. LOL. So glad I have you guys around!

16 comments:

  1. Surprise, surprise! May Madness! Thinking there wouldn't be any May check-ins, I let myself get sidetracked by gardening, so no, I haven't accomplished much and haven't set any specific goals. I still have my "new" wip on the go, however. Unlike you, I know I won't get it "polished off by the end of May", but I intend to keep puttering at it. I'd like to add at least a couple thousand words a week, which should be within easy reach, so will see how that goes.

    I borrowed a March Madness / WIPmadness graphic from somebody in our group to use on my February 27th post. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for, but I'll e-mail it to you and you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice surprise! I'm working on brainstorming/pre-writing stuff for the YA I'm doing a complete re-write on. This check-in is the nudge I needed to set a deadline for myself, so...done with planning by the end of May. (I'm a slow planner...what can I say? heh)

    Happy revising, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear this is the nudge you needed, Shari!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm hoping to get over halfway through this first revision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No WIP madness yet. I'm editing my most recent WIP and outlining the YA. I want to have the outline done by the end of May. Fast draft in June, then edit in July and August. Then I'll have it to pitch at my next conference (ACFW) in September. Aggressive, but who needs TV. Sleep. Exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Ron. I look forward to hearing of your crazy fast-drafting process in June!

      Delete
  5. I've just started querying the project I finished editing during March Madness, so good timing on this post :) Other than that, I'm slowly working on a rewrite of another WIP. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be working on it for next year's March Madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best with querying, Jennifer!

      Delete
  6. On more time...(I've posted 4 times, but google wasn't having it).

    YAY for May Madness! Thanks, Denise, for revving us up again. I've been struggling with motivation and confidence, but I just subbed one MS and I'm 32k into my WIP and trying to get up some steam. So, I'm hoping to get another sub out there and work out 3 chapters before the end of the month. That's a bit ambitious considering my current state of mind but what the heck!

    ROCK ON, WIPSTERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it finally posted, Mary Ann! So sorry for your troubles. Hope we can help cheer you on for those 3 chapters!

      Delete
  7. LOL! I'm happy to see someone besides me occasionally has brain glitches! I think you can be forgiven, Denise. You've got a lot on the go right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in a constant state of brain glitch...need to get self a tad more organized cause it making me all over the place. Focus right now is working on a new book--which may or may not go anywhere--and deciding on whether or not to wade back in on revisions for a book I had tabled. Happy May Long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well, it's great to have you here, regardless, Deb. I also am plotting a book that is very iffy - but I'm doing it anyway...

      Delete