Friday, July 1, 2011

A Couple of Friday Things...

First, Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends!!!


Secondly, because I have strong doubts about being back on the blog before Monday, Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!!!


Thirdly, I'm super-busy trying to get these revisions done, but I hope to have some exciting things to share about this new book by next week!

And lastly, I wanted to share a special book with you that came out this week. If you are a fan of contemporary fiction (as I am), if there's one book you should buy this year, it should be this one:


And I'll tell you why...

First of all, if you haven't read a verse novel by Lisa Schroeder, you're missing out. But besides that, Lisa has done an incredible job this year of giving contemporary YA fiction a solid place in the book market through spearheading The Contemps.

I want more great contemporary fiction to get published and I want to thank Lisa for everything she's done to bring contemporary fiction into the spotlight. What better way to thank an author than by buying their latest book? So I'll be picking up a copy of this as soon as can get my hands on it. And I hope you will too! Thanks Lisa!!

Happy holiday weekend to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment