Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Four and #summerreading

1. Yesterday I skimmed through Media Bistro, as I do once a year or so when I have time. They mentioned a new hashtag on Twitter called #summerreading, started by @NYTimesLearning, and they were interested in getting people on board to promote it. On a whim, I tweeted this:


Get a few of your friends together to read NEVER ENOUGH this summer and I'll do a free Skype visit with you when you're done! #summerreading

My little tweet has gotten lots of notice, and so I thought I should share it here too, in case any of my blog readers are interested in taking part in this. If you are interested, here's a little tip: I think this is the cheapest you'll find a new copy of Never Enough.  Simon & Schuster has it listed with a special Pre-Order price of only $7.99!


But if that's still too much for your budget, ask your local library and I'm sure they will get it in for you.


2. Speaking of #summerreading, I wanted to let you know a few books that are on my list. Some have been sitting on my shelf for a LONG time, and some aren't quite released yet, but here's a sample of what I'm planning to enjoy in the sunshine this summer:


The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
Small Medium at Large by Joanne Levy
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys


I'd love to hear what's on your Summer Reading list!


3. Okay, you know I can't get through a Friday Four post without mentioning the big countdown, right? NEVER ENOUGH is out in ONE MONTH AND TWO DAYS!!! #justsayin


If you haven't yet grabbed the widget to display somewhere prominent (pretty please! I'd love you forever!) Here it is for the taking...




4. Life has been busy, so I haven't been able to blog much. Last weekend I got roped into judging a dance competition, which was lots of fun, but still left me behind on revisions, interviews and so forth. Just starting to feel like I'm catching up again, and so soon I will be back with some more Never Enough Secrets, including why I wrote the book, who helped me, and lots lots more!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. The Story of Us is on my list, too! But I'm mostly using the summer as an opportunity to catch up on series I've started but never finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this feels like a catch up time for me too. I'm enjoying reading what I want to read these days though (too often I'm reading stuff because I have to or should!)

      Delete
  2. I love that you got a great response to your #summerreading tweet, D! Got your interview all queued up. Thank you. What's on my summer reading list?

    Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
    37 things I love (in no particular order) by Kekla Magoon
    Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren
    Wonder by R. J. Palacio
    Gilt by Katherine Longshore

    To name a few. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved 37 things. I have to be honest, I feel SO out of the loop this year, but I actually don't know of the rest. I look forward to hearing what you enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I saw your tweet about the #summerreading skype visit -- what a fantastic idea!

    Between Shades of Gray is excellent. I haven't read any others on your list. I've got a bunch I've been meaning to get to (like you, some have been on my shelf for ages, and others are new to the pile). The first few in the pile:

    WHEN THE SEA IS RISING RED, by Cat Hellisen
    EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS, by A.S. King
    SURRENDER, by Elana Johnson
    THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, by Jennifer E. Smith
    MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN, by Ransom Riggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with Statistical Probability! I LOVED it!!

      I've had Everybody Sees The Ants on my list for ages too!

      Delete