Friday, December 28, 2012

Top Ten of 2012!

I had an incredibly hard time narrowing down my favorite books of 2012. If you read my last post, you'll know I read 106 books during the year, and many, many of them I really loved. But I tried to whittle the list down to a few favorites. I couldn't hold myself to just ten, just couldn't, so I've added a few runner ups. I'd love to know if any of my favorites match yours!

Runner Ups (In no particular order):
Zero by Tom Leveen
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Let it SnowSisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

And the Top Ten:

10. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle 
I love a good Christmas story, and Let It Snow was three linked stories! It was so much fun, and introduced me to two new authors that I now love.
Wanderlove
Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar9. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard 
I felt like I was on the most adventurous trip of my life while reading Wanderlove. I love adventure. And travel. It made me want to rush to the airport and take whatever flight I can get on without planning ahead.


8. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed 
Tiny Beautiful Things opened my mind. It is ninety percent about thinking outside the box and a hundred percent compassion. It is a must-read for anyone with a beating heart.


Live Through This7. Live Through This by Mindi Scott 
 
Live Through This is an incredibly authentic and heart-wrenching book. It shows the underside of what appears to be one girl's perfect life, and made me realize how much more may be going on with people, how much is hidden, and the unseen reasons they make the decisions they do.

Such a Rush

6. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols 

I love books that bring me into settings and lives that I might otherwise never experience. I loved being at the small-town airport with Leah and experiencing her life with her in Such a Rush. Plus, the hot romance. *fanning myself*

Lola and the Boy Next Door
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins 
If I did nothing but spent every one of my waking hours reading Stephanie Perkins' books, I don't think I would be lacking much. Maybe food. But otherwise, I think I'd be perfectly happy to live inside one of her books forever.


In Honor
4. In Honor by Jessi Kirby 

I love road trip books, and In Honor is the perfect one, with plenty of depth and variety of experience.

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarrey 

 This is one of the best dual point of view books I've read. I really felt for both of the point of view characters and they had such full, emotional stories. Plus there was a lot of sexual tension with the "bad boy," which is always a plus.



2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 

I'm not sure where to start with Gone Girl. The writing was exquisite, but besides that there were so many twists and turns and plot twists that I was literally on the edge of my seat through most of it. I hope hope hope that the upcoming movie will do this book justice. 

1. The Fault in our Stars by John Green 

I'd almost rather say nothing about The Fault in our Stars than try to give you any idea of how much it changed me and wrecked me and somehow put me back together. The only thing I can say is read it. So much heart in this book.





It's your turn! Are any of the above in your top books of 2012? If not, I'd love to hear what is!

Make sure to stop back next week, as I'll be having a big New Year's Giveaway!

7 comments:

  1. I actually have Wanderlove, but I haven't finished reading it yet! Need to get on that...

    Best of luck with revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read a couple of your top ten and a couple of your "runner up" books (loved BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY!). THE FAULT IN OUR STARS was easily one of my top ten, too! So good.

    I've been meaning to read WANDERLOVE, and TINY BEAUTIFUL THINGS sounds great -- will have to get to these ones soon!

    Thanks for sharing your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm is аnyonе else еnсountering problems wіth the piсtureѕ on this
    blog lоading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feedbаck would be gгeatly aрpreciated.
    Also visit my webpage ; http://acnepimpless.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, D. You and I have already determined we share many of the same favorites. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but уοur
    blogs really nice, keep it up! Ӏ'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Cheers
    Feel free to visit my blog post ... http://seoserviceplans.Org/

    ReplyDelete