Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Four!

So sorry I haven't been around much lately. Here is a little of what I've been up to:

1. Reading. Much of what I've been reading lately has been critiquing manuscripts for writing friends, so not exactly much I can tell you about there, but last week I did add another book to my list of 12 awesome books read this year in the sidebar. It's THE INTERESTINGS by Meg Wolitzer, and amazingly, it's an adult book. I almost never read those. To be honest, it's not a knock-your-socks-off type of book, but rather a very deeply discovered group of characters who I really enjoyed reading about. It was a long book, and since it was checked out from the library, I was rushing trying to finish it even on my way to the library to drop it off.

2. Cooking. I've taken some cooking videos out from the library on seasonal Italian cuisine. I've really been enjoying trying new things in the kitchen. I think my favorite so far was a flourless chocolate cake.

3. Learning Spanish. My brother introduced me to the Duolingo app a couple of months ago, and I love it. My son and I have been trying to learn Spanish for a year or so, but not getting very far. Duolingo is a little advanced for him (though now that I'm catching on, I'm sure I could help him) but it's a lot of fun for me and I feel like I'm learning a ton about the language.

4. The last thing I've been working on is a secret project that I've been totally swept up in lately. I don't like to be a tease, and so this is the main reason I haven't been blogging lately. I want to talk about it...but I can't. Not quite yet. But soon, I promise. It's something that will hopefully be of interest to other authors, especially newly published authors. But that's all I can say for now.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. oooh, number 4 has me intrigued. Glad you're getting time to critique for others. good luck learning spanish. I need to work on teaching my kids hindi.

    ReplyDelete