Thursday, March 17, 2016

March Madness Random Check-In! #WIPMadness

Happy St. Patrick's Day, fellow writing friends! How is your progress going through this mad month of March?

I continue to work through my second project of the month, a novel I am revising. Thanks to Spring Break, I haven't had to homeschool my son this week in the mornings. I usually spend about an hour first thing in the morning, focusing on whichever project I'm working on at the time (My aim, which my wonderful family is very good about supporting, is to focus my creative energy before speaking - or tweeting - to another person.) This week, I've been clocking in about three hours each morning, and I'm getting surprisingly close to the end of this pass! I'm very happy about this, but the part I'm not so happy about is the amount of crazy notes I've left throughout the manuscript for "Future Denise" to fix, because I don't know how to fix them during the scope of this pass.

So, yeah, good news and bad news, I guess. How about you? Have you set a schedule for your writing this month? And if so, have you been sticking to it? How have your goals been coming?


6 comments:

  1. I sometimes wonder why I commit to these things. As soon as I do, something always crops up to cool my creativity. However, I'm puttering along, not with a great daily routine, but whenever I feel inspired. Today I've worked on the opening pages of a new story and my enthusiasm is building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You commit, Carol, because it still motivates you...maybe just not in the exact way it motivates others. And, see, I must be right, because those opening pages eventually came and I'll bet they're awesome. Sometimes brewing is important too.

      Delete
  2. I forgot about this! This past week I was good. Got my words in. This week though? Not so good. With Easter break coming up, it'll be more challenging to get word counts in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you with homeschooling. This year will be my last. I'm finding it's too much for me to homeschool high school. Son wants to go to 'real' school and has been fighting me this whole year. Le sigh. It'll be good for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. And LOL - I actually find school breaks MUCH EASIER these days to get writing done (but when my son was younger, it was much harder, at least for me). I totally get where you're coming from with school. We are considering putting my son in school year after next as well for ninth grade. We've always said we would take it year by year, and it's feeling like almost time... Oh, and good for you with the progress, even if it hasn't been quite as stellar this week!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it was hard for me too when son was younger but at least then he enjoyed being homeschooled. Now though he wants to experience the whole high school scene and be with friends. I don't blame him. It'll be good for both of us. We've homeschooled through a charter school that has a student center where they meet twice a week with credentialed teachers. I've been using those 4-5 hours to write in the local coffee house. The other days have been harder.

    ReplyDelete