Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Four

1. Guess what I saw in Publisher's Marketplace today?!

Author of LOSING FAITH Denise Jaden's untitled novel, exploring the fragile relationship between two teen sisters - one, a gifted photographer, and one, a dancer who struggles with bulimia, to Anica Rissi at Simon Pulse, with Annette Pollert editing, for publication in Summer 2012, by Michelle Humphrey at ICM.

2. Yay! I must admit, though, I'm a bit frustrated at not having a title. This is the book formerly known as APPETITE FOR BEAUTY. It won't quite feel like a real book that's being published until I have something to call it.

3. The brilliant folks at Simon Pulse are, however, working on a cover for this untitled novel. I've seen one mock-up (though I'm not able to show that around yet) and I love the direction they're going with it. I also have a tentative release date in July 2012.

4. I received a hefty set of line edits on the first 130 pages of this book. I was worried about whether I'd have enough mental focus to complete them, but actually it's been nice to sink myself into something else for a while.

I hope you all have a happy weekend. I know Father's Day will be difficult for my family, but hopefully the weather will hold out and we'll do something picnicky together.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next book. =D It sounds really good, the story. ^^

    Have a blessing and fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to see the official announcement! congratulations!!

    Hoping you are able to enjoy some family time and good memories this weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I saw that on Pdub too! Congrats!

    Enjoy your edits. Glad you're making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! I'll be praying for you on Father's Day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the announcement and book cover!

    And my thoughts are with you on this rough holiday. I miss my dad too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Denise, this is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks what shows up on the day I don't read PM! Excited for you.

    ReplyDelete