Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Four

1. I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. I'm here because I miss it. I miss having casual conversation about the smaller things in life. I'm doing pretty well, my family is slowly adjusting to the loss of my dad. Still really busy with appointments and details and stuff, but getting through it. People have been so incredibly kind, giving us everything from cyber-hugs to flowers and meals. It has all been so incredibly appreciated!

2. My cross-border friend, Angelina Hansen, told me about her wonderful library and even went online to figure out the details of how I can join it. That was a while ago, of course, but I finally got myself a Whatcom County library card this week, and Angelina was right - they do have a lot of teen new releases! I think I have ordered over 20 books to be brought in for me so far (like I don't have enough waiting for me on my shelves!)

3. Losing Faith is headed into its second printing! As an author, I think every step along this road to publication leaves you with different "wants", and that was definitely a big one of mine - that my first book would be into a second printing before it's first year was up. Many of these things are not in our control, of course, so it was a nice little surprise to get a happy email from my editor about it. Yay! We made it!

4. I think I only have 3 things this week. There's not much to talk about in my life right now, aside from the stuff that no one would want to hear about. But I did miss you all and missed blogging and really just wanted to say Hi.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back, Denise. Healing is such a slow process and what helps is different for everyone. Thanks for sharing your good news. And the WCLS is amazing, isn't it? I'm glad you got your library card. Let me know when you're coming over the border and have an extra minute, I can meet you at the library. (((More hugs for you!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    We're thinking about you out here. Loss of a parent leaves such a big hole.
    Congratulations on the second printing. That's a big step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back here, Denise. I've been thinking about you....

    So happy for you about the second printing! I'm glad you got that ray of sunshine in the midst of the hard stuff you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear about the 2nd printing! Congratulations!!! Wishing you and your family continued healing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you again. And congrats on the second printing.

    ReplyDelete