Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Four

1. If you missed my highlights from the Surrey International Writers' Conference, you can find it here.

2. Our bathroom now looks like this:


Toilet training a cat is a bigger and messier job than I anticipated. Plus, as my good friend Angelina mentioned, Indy seems to like to do her number 1's in the toilet, but number 2's in another place entirely (thankfully she has discovered that I stashed her litter pan in the basement!) She's a really great kitty, and we definitely don't want to do anything that will change that. So I may be giving up on this venture. Unless anyone out there has some great advice on how to make this work?

3. We're in the midst of planning a family vacation to Orlando. But I just heard that there's supposed to be some big east coast storm that we should be concerned about. Regardless, we're still excited. My son is spending all his time on YouTube these days, looking up rides and deciding which ones he might be daring enough to try.

4. I'm trying not to think about NaNoWriMo, because as it happens every year, I'm so close to starting and I'm suddenly terrified that I won't remember how to write. Or won't be dedicated enough. Or the story idea I had will clearly suck by chapter two. Am I alone here?

Today I'm having a Nano prep class with my 8 year old and a  group of his friends that are participating this year. So I guess I better pull myself up by my bootstraps and start pretending that I have complete control of things like motivation and inspiration.

Happy weekend, everyone! Anyone dressing up for parties? I still need costume ideas...

4 comments:

  1. I definitely share your NaNo fears, esp that my idea will clearly suck by chapter two. But...we can do it!! (We've done it before, right? So we can do it again. Because we're awesome that way. heh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone, Shari. And I *know* I get this way every year. My husband reminds me. But still... At lease we're in it together!

      Delete
  2. Wait...you're toilet training your cat??

    As for nano..you got this! Can't wait to see what you come up with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena! And yeah, the cat thing isn't going so well. But we tried...

      Delete