Monday, October 1, 2012

LAUNCH DAY!!!

Here's a riddle. See if you can figure it out...

It's something for any fiction writers who write about any kind of loss (and doesn't EVERY character undergo losses of some kind?)

It's also great  for anyone who's facing personal grief and wants to better understand the grieving process.

It's a resource to keep on your shelf or e-reader and go back to, hopefully again and again.

It'll cost you the price of one latte. Could you live without one latte this week (and do you even know how many calories are in those things???)

Any guesses?

It's my new book, WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART: Using Grief and Loss to Stretch Your Fiction and it's officially out today!Please tell your friends and help spread the word!


Here's a little bit more about the book:

In her first non-fiction mini-book, Denise Jaden explores the stages and outlets of grief and how to implement them into your fiction to create more interesting characters and a more engaging plot. Some topics of this book include: grieving before the loss, spiritual matters, and how grief affects different ages, personality types and gender.

Advance Praise for WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART:

 "Jaden's Writing With A Heavy Heart is a must-have for any writer's craft shelf. The combination of clear guidance and practical exercises allow writers to take their manuscripts to a deeper level."
- Eileen Cook Author of Unraveling Isobel and The Almost Truth

"Writing With A Heavy Heart absolutely nails the grieving process. I love the exercises included, because, to me, they make the whole thing a tangible help in applying it to a work in progress."
- Janet Gurtler, author of If I Tell and Who I Kissed

"Writing With A Heavy Heart has a lot of really good insights on grief and suggestions on how to incorporate them to fiction."
- Lee Strauss, author of The Perception Series

"Jaden's Writing with a Heavy Heart helped me add layers to my characters who experience loss. The tools provided in this piece make it practical in my writing projects."
- Cindy Callaghan, author of Just Add Magic and Purses, Palaces and Photographic Proof
 
If you'd like some bookmarks to help spread the word, send me your mailing address at d(at)denisejaden(dot)com with "bookmarks" in the subject line, and I'll be happy to send some your way.

Your next question may be (or at least I hope it is!): Where can I get my hands on a copy?

The paperback version is available at Create Space.
And also through Amazon. (The price is the same on both at $6.99)

The e-book is available for $2.99 at:
Amazon
Smashwords
Kobo
Diesel
Sony

And it will be coming soon to Barnes & Noble and iTunes (but you can pick up a copy that will work on pretty much any electronic reading device through Smashwords.)

Note: It is a workbook, including exercises, but all versions include a link where you can print the exercises for your own use, so don't let that deter you from the electronic version, if that is your preference.

Also, if you order a paperback and would like it signed, drop me a note and I can send you a signed bookplate for your copy.

I hope you'll help me spread the word, and if you purchase a copy, I hope it is revelatory to your writing or to your life. If you get something out of it, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks so much for celebrating with me. Virtual champagne for everyone!!!


2 comments: