Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ready for #NaNoWriMo ?

I should probably be thinking about getting my son's Snake Eye's costume ready for Halloween. But no. My mind is on NaNo. I plan to spend the day reading through my outline, crossing my fingers I'll actually like it (I haven't looked back at it in several weeks). At this point, I don't remember the names of most of my characters.

I'll have my handy word count widget in the sidebar, if you want to keep track of how I'm doing. My goal is 60,000 words. Last year I blew on by my goal and ended somewhere around 93,000 words. I don't expect anything like that this year, as I'm going to be vacationing in the midst of NaNo.

How about you? Are you ready? If not, what are you doing to get ready?

If you're signed up on the NaNoWriMo site, my username is denisej over there. Happy writing, friends! And for those who are not doing NaNo, well, happy living, I guess.


2 comments:

  1. At this point, I'm kind of wishing I was an outliner! Panic is setting in, LOL. I have a "pitch" and some rough character sketches, but today I'm still trying to sort out basic conflict/motivation questions. 12 more hours....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes just having a pitch is the best way, Shari. I only have a very loose outline this year, and I'm constantly second-guessing myself about it, so who knows?

      Delete