Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Musings

1. I am an official winner of NaNoWriMo 2013! I passed the 50,000-word mark on Saturday night--16 days from zero to fifty!



2. I'm not quite at the end of the book, but almost there. I'm now at almost 58k, and I have at least two more big scenes to write. I had an ending in mind when I first created my story plan (loose outline) for this book, but now that ending is not feeling right. So I'd like to keep moving forward until I at least work my way through the climax and hopefully something feels right for an ending. But I may have to use a placeholder ending and wait for a read-through to decide. Overall I've really enjoyed drafting this book and I can't wait to share it.

3. I set a goal for the year of reading a hundred books. I'm not exactly sure why I did this, because my main goal was supposed to be to find 12 books I loved this year. I also accomplished that, but it's really difficult for me to leave a goal undone, and so now I'm 2 books behind on my reading and wondering how I'll possibly get it done (I WILL get it done. I'm fairly sure about that. Just not sure how.)

4. My son competed in a judo tournament on the weekend. It wasn't his best tournament, but he did try hard. There was some disorganization with the judging though, and he ended up getting a medal (which he should not have gotten). I was really proud of my son. He went up and returned his medal so that there would be enough for all the people who did deserve them. A proud mom moment.

5. This week I was able to get two tickets for my son to meet his favorite author, Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid). He is very excited. I am very excited to see him excited over something like this. Another proud mom moment.

Hope you are all having a great week with reading and writing and whatever else you are up to! I'll be back this week with some motivational posts and prompts both from me and from a good author friend of mine. Make sure to stop back in!

1 comment: