Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Writing Prompt Wednesday

I'm back for another installment of Writing Prompt Wednesday! Today, I'm just going to give you a really simple one. This is something I gave to my group of homeschool writing students last week, and they had a lot of fun with it.

Today, use the word "tomato" in your writing. It doesn't have to be the actual fruit (did you know tomatoes are actually fruits and not vegetables?) Something or someone could be the color of a tomato, or have the smell of a rotten tomato. Figure out somewhere to use this word today, and if you feel like sharing, come back and tell me in the comments.

This morning I used it in a rainy scene, where my character's shoes were squishing like she was walking through mushy tomatoes.

Now it's your turn!


No comments:

Post a Comment