Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Musings

1. I guess the big news of the week is that I won NaNoWriMo AND I completed the first draft of my new novel (it came in at around 65,000 words). I planned on giving it a two week break, but I was too excited, so I've been reading it over already. It needs work (obviously) but I see a lot of things I really love too.


2. My son set his NaNoWriMo goal at 10k, and he's almost there! I think he's at around 9,000 words today and last night he kept writing past his bedtime because he was inspired. So proud of him! (Also, so not looking forward to having to type it up for him, but excited to hear his story!)

3. I saw Catching Fire last night. I'll admit, I enjoyed reading The Hunger Games, and I enjoyed the first movie, but I didn't enjoy the second or third books of the trilogy as much. If people hadn't been talking about how great the new movie was, I might have waited until it came out on DVD. I'm so glad I didn't, because this movie was so worth seeing on the big screen. It's the best movie I've seen in a while.

4. I've been writing lots of articles for publications and websites to go with my new book, Fast Fiction. I've been getting some positive feedback, including an acceptance (with payment!) from the SCBWI Bulletin. So I'm really excited to see my work in print there sometime in the next year!

5. My audiobook of Never Enough is available on Audible! I've been so excited for this and so eager to share, and finally I can! Even if you already own a copy, I hope you'll take time and listen to the sample. Bryarly Bishop did such an awesome job of bringing Loann's story to life!

That's all for now! Hope you have a great week, and if you're writing, make sure to stop back for a Writing Prompt on Wednesday, and a Fast-Drafting tip on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment