Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Four!

1. I forgot to mention with the song I posted yesterday, the artwork on the video was done by a young guy, a teen I think. It always really inspires me to see young people stepping out creatively, and I plan to post more things like that as I come across them. I hope you'll find them inspiring too!

2. I hope to get back to writing today! I've had about a week off, and not only is it all I can stand, it's all my family can stand. Have I mentioned how I get grumpy when I'm not writing? I plan to get back to working on my companion novel to Losing Faith today. It's tentatively titled FINDING HOPE and it's in Tessa Lockbaum's fun and fierce point of view!

3. I'm also working on a novel-writing course. In February I'll be working with a local homeschool co-op. There's somewhere around 175 kids involved and each student gets to choose three classes to take over eight sessions. Each parent teaches on class and helps with another (and we get one block free for coffee time). I offered to teach novel-writing to high school students, and as my helper role, I've been assigned to web design, which I'm very excited about. I once taught myself html from a large textbook, but it's all a little hazy. My website (www.denisejaden.com) is something I designed myself and upkeep, but I'm lazy and use a program that does most of the work for me.

4.  One other thing I'm happy to be back to is audiobooks! It's been a while since I've had a chance to listen to one, and I just started on EXTRAORDINARY by Nancy Werlin. It's an interesting recording, as it has different voices interspersed for different characters that appear from time to time. I'm finding it odd listening to a recording in third person too. It's been a while since I've read a book in third person. I am enjoying it.

What are you reading these days? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment