Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Four!

1. I got another editorial letter for book two, formerly known as APPETITE FOR BEAUTY. Yes, the title needs to change. The team at Simon Pulse felt it sounded too adult, and so we're looking for something else. I've been racking my brain and I'd love suggestions, but I honestly don't have the time or brain power to come up with a proper synopsis. Here's my best attempt: it's a sister story, told by the awkward younger sister, living in the shadow of her almost-perfect older sister and watching her struggle with a severe eating disorder. It also involves photography. And drama/set design. And a boy. Yes, let's not forget the boy! His name is Marcus and I love him. Just sayin'.

So I know that's probably not enough to go on to give me title suggestions, but if anything does jump to mind, I'd love to hear it. And if you've ever read an early version of this book and have any suggestions, of course I'd love to hear those too!

2. Aside from that, the editorial letter has a few other huge changes, including restructuring the first 80 pages and some other big stuff. My revision due date is April 18th, so if you don't hear from me as much as usual, please don't take it personally :-).

3. March Madness is almost over! I can't believe how fast it has gone! I'm really excited by all the great progress I've seen and I hope to get going on drawing prizes, possibly  as soon as April 1st. Oh, and many of my comrades wanted to keep in touch and keep up on their projects through April (I sure need to!) so we're going to continue to check in and update each other on our progress right here on Mondays through April. Even if you didn't participate in March Madness, feel free to join in on the fun any time! We'd love to have you!

4. Also, it's probably pretty late to mention this, but we have a hashtag on Twitter. #marchmadness got bombarded by basketball and then other book-related contests, then #bookmadness got taken over as well. So we've settled on #wipmadness. You'll find us chatting under that hashtag from time to time about our progress.

Sorry this Friday Four was very writing-focused, but honestly, that's about all that's going on in my mind at the moment! I hope you all have a great weekend! See you back for March Madness Check-In on Monday!! (And if you haven't checked in today yet, head on over to Craig's blog.)

3 comments:

  1. No, not enough to go on but the word, image, comes to mind with the little bit you put forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I like the word "image" and actually hadn't thought of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually quite liked the title, Appetite for Beauty.

    But just to throw some ideas out there:

    Exposure
    Exposing
    Exposing Beauty
    Shadow
    Light and Shadow
    Functions of Beauty

    Maybe something that ties photography into drama and set/design.

    I think as you work through your revisions, the right title will leap out at you.

    My word verification is "weretive" is that supposed to be a new term for "we are creative" or for creative werewolves?

    ReplyDelete