1. I'm sure you've all heard of March Madness--not the basketball frenzy, but the writing, reading, and blogging frenzy! If you haven't set some goals yet and joined in on the fun (and believe me, it IS fun!) here's the place you want to go to do that. It's absolutely NOT too late to join. We'd love to have you!
If you've been hanging out with us all week, today the place you'll want to share your triumphs and woes is over at Craig Pirrall's Blog.
2. I've heard from other authors lately that the Amazon Affiliate Program is a pretty cool thing. So I'm trying it out. I've got a little Amazon-ish store on my website now, and I've tried to add a widget to my blog, though that one doesn't seem to be running quite as smoothly. This is what I thought was cool and why I decided to join: Apparently if anyone clicks through to Amazon through one of my links, if they buy ANYTHING, even if they don't buy my book, I get a kickback on it. And since, you know, I'm going to spend money on new books anyway...I might as well have Amazon chip in a little to that fund. So if you're planning to make a purchase on Amazon anyway, I'd love it if you'd click through my website to get there!
3. LiveJournal has kind of slipped my mind lately. I try to always cross-post between my two blogs, but I often set Blogger up to post automatically, then I completely forget to come back here and cross-post it to LJ (LJ won't let me set things in advance to post). So apologies to anyone who follows me on LJ, but if you want to make sure you don't miss out on anything REALLY important, because you know how often I post REALLY important stuff...I'd suggest heading over to my Blogger blog and clicking follow over there. I will attempt to keep cross-posting here, but it just may slip my mind sometimes.
4. I'm getting ready to go away on a little reading/writing break and I'm so very, terribly, incredibly, monumentally excited! I never really get enough time at home to sink myself into projects anymore and I think this will give me a chance to really re-center myself. I went on one of these "breaks" a couple of years ago and it was so refreshing. I may even return using less adverbs!
5. I guess it's a Friday Five again. My family is doing a Star Wars Weekend this weekend. We're watching all six of the movies (plus possibly a couple of Ewok cartoons) back to back. I'm a mild fan of Star Wars, but my husband and son are big fans and so we have a whole weekend of yummy foods and jammies planned. We've been looking forward to this for a while. At least most of us have. Oh, and I'm going to pin my hair into two buns on either side of my head. LOL.
What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, may the force be with you...