Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Four

1. I'm off to Kamloops, B.C. this weekend to teach at a youth authors conference. I'm very excited for a few reasons. 1. Because there's a good chance it'll be less rainy than it is here at home. 2. Because I get to hang out with teens. 3. Because these are teens who love to read and write!

2. Life has been a whirlwind of activity lately. I've been to Seattle twice in the last month, but had a ton of fun hanging with authors at a conference, writing away in a hotel room, and I even got to the zoo!

3. Some GREAT books have come out recently. I've been fairly busy beta reading for writer friends lately, but when I get caught up, I hope to get my hands on BEING FRIENDS WITH BOYS by Terra Elan McVoy and WHEN YOU WERE MINE by Rebecca Serle. There are really so many great new books releasing every day, though. What books are you most looking forward to?


 
4. I've been writing up a storm! I completed a draft of a new manuscript, tentatively titled FINDING HOPE during March Madness. Since I was in drafting mode, and had this idea that just wouldn't leave me alone, I decided to just wing it without an outline during April. I won't look back at either of those projects for a while, but I'm feeling particularly good about the second one. I'm back to revising my NaNo book for my agent at the moment, just one quick final revision and then I'm really excited to be able to show it to my editor! It's gone through several titles...MILANO, DANGEROUS TRANSLATION, COVER ME...but lately I'm calling it FOREIGN EXCHANGE, which I kinda like.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I look forward to coming back to report about my time in Kamloops!

2 comments:

  1. Have a blast this weekend! Thanks for the help with GF. And I love love love the newest title. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you love the newest title. I think I'm happiest with this one too.

      Delete