In the interest of getting to know you, here is another edition of Would You Rather Wednesday!
The only rule is that you have to answer one or the other of the choices below, even if your answer lies somewhere in between (or even if you want to say "neither") If you're not a writer, feel free to speculate on how you think you would feel if you were a writer facing some of these choices.
1. Would you rather...write a first draft...or...revise a draft already written?
2. Would you rather...give a harsh critique...or...get a harsh critique?
3. Would you rather...receive a bunch of rejections at once...or...have your rejections trickle in one at a time over several months?
4. Would you rather...work with a publisher who will not help make your book better but will help you promote it...or...work with a publisher who will not promote your book but will help you make your book a lot better?
5. Would you rather...work with a small publisher with no advance but they think the world of you and your manuscripts...or...work with a big publisher with a big advance but your editor doesn't remember your name or what book you wrote?
I look forward to your answers and I'll be back later to add mine to the comments.