Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Four!


It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)

1. What am I reading? I just finished up CRIMINAL by Terra Elan McVoy. If you're in the mood for a gritty and raw and honest read, this is the book. I read it in two days--it was gripping.

2. What else am I reading? I've had "The Summer" books by Jenny Han on my TBR pile forever. I never seem to get around to them, but the other day I found IT'S NOT SUMMER WITHOUT YOU on my library's audio site. So I'm listening to the audio version and wondering why on earth I didn't read these books sooner. I also didn't realize they were connected (all an actual series with the same characters) so I'm actually reading in the wrong order, but I don't care. I'm loving it anyway and can't wait to read the others.

3. What am I writing? Thanks to some awesomely-helpful feedback from a beta reader, I'm back at work on LIVING OUT LOUD. I love those revisions where you know exactly what to do and can envision how the changes will make the book SO MUCH BETTER.

4. My son and I are meeting with my homeschool support teacher today, so as of this afternoon, 4th grade is officially done! My son and I do school year round (lighter and more fun in the summer). I let him start on the next grade through summer so he's actually kind of excited about it.

We're supposed to get a weekend of sunshine and then rain rain rain next week. So I'll be outside for the next couple of days. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you home schooled. And year round, too. That must make it challenging to fit in extended stretches of writing.

    It's raining here this morning, so I'm planning on a reading and writing day. I hope you're right about sunshine for the weekend. My garden needs rescuing from the weeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, the sun is shining here! Hope you enjoy your weekend, Carol!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the Jenny Han books either.
    I'm reading Flashes of War, a collection of flash fiction and short stories by a local friend - literary, thought provoking and amazing. I'm also beta'ing an adult fantasy romance and a YA paranormal.
    I'm writing a historical MG though I'm stuck at the moment.
    What else? Renovating a bathroom!

    Thanks again for being a part of the reader skit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That flash fiction collection sounds fun, Jaye, and I enjoyed your reader skit!

      Delete