Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Four!

1. What am I reading? I'm beta reading for a writer-friend this week. It's part of a series that I've beta read, so I'm enjoying being back with the characters. On deck, I have two books I'm excited for: CRIMINAL by Terra Elan McVoy and 17 AND GONE by Nova Ren Suma.

2. What am I writing? Nothing, and it's driving me crazy! I'm waiting on notes from my agent, and in the meantime I feel like I'm kind of in limbo. Hopefully the waiting won't go on much longer...have I mentioned how grumpy I get when I'm not writing?

3. A local restaurant (Earls) gifted my husband and I with what they call a "Chef's Table." This week, we were able to bring six of our friends in and they spoiled us with a sampling of appys and meals and drinks from their menu. I LOVE sampling, so this was such a fun thing to do, and the food was amazing! If you haven't been to Earls and tried their spinach/cheese dip, I wholeheartedly recommend it!

4. My husband is busy at a seminar this weekend, so it was supposed to be a writing weekend for me. But, alas, see number 3. I do have a lot of marketing stuff to catch up on, so I'll likely keep busy with that. Just a little afraid of falling out of my writing/revising rhythm.

What are you up to this weekend? The sun is shining here, so who knows, that could lure me away from my computer altogether!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect time to write a short story...might help fend off the grumpies. ;)

    I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete