Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Four!

1. What am I reading? You may notice I've added a new book (actually, I've added THREE new books) to my twelve awesome books read this year (right sidebar). I just whipped through the audio version of Jenny Han's summer trilogy this week. I actually read it out of order by accident. I read the second one first, but then I re-read the second one in order. Even though I LOVED it the first time, I thought it would be so much more powerful after I read THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY. I was right. I highly recommend these to anyone who loves YA contemporary. I'm taking suggestions for the remaining five slots on my awesome books list. Read anything really good lately?

2. What am I writing? I just finished up my revision of LIVING OUT LOUD. I received notes from my agent on the weekend on MAKING MIRACLES (she loves it, but suggested some further character development). So now I'm busy on that. My revising brain is having ups and downs these days, but I'm pushing through.

3. I sent in a few more proposals for different writing and book events for this fall and next spring. If you have a writing conference or book event held in your area that is particularly good, I'd love to hear about it. I hope to do a little more writing related traveling next year.
Happy first day of summer!

4. Well, it's the first day of summer. The rain has let up for the moment, but it's still pretty gloomy and wet here. (Still, nothing like Calgary, which I hear is buried in water! Hoping everyone is okay there). I hear next week is supposed to be sunny, so that will be nice. (I always wonder if people in Phoenix or Texas look at a pic like the one above and sigh, thinking it looks so nice. Probably not.)

Anyway, happy weekend, all! Don't get too wet. Or sunburned. And Calgarian friends...don't drown.

5 comments:

  1. I read the Han books ages ago. LOVED THEM!!! It was a touch cloudy here in AZ this afternoon and I took a nap and slept all afternoon. But I must admit, we had a few drops of rain last week and I actually said, "Cool. It's raining!." Never thought I'd utter those words again. Hope your travels bring you 'round this way someday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope I'll get down there sometime soon too (but to be honest, I'm ok if I don't get there in the middle of summer!)

      Delete
  2. Yes Denise, I look at picture like that and sigh...we have not had even a drop of rain in Phoenix for a few months and have been over 105 degrees for the entire month of June. I am jealous of the time you have to write and read! =) Some day I will get to live my dream!! Come on down here, we have plenty of sunshine to spare and a pool to sit by and read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding? I couldn't sit outside in 105 degree weather! The problem with rain is that my son gets bored being inside all day, so that can make it difficult to get any reading or writing done.

      Delete
    2. But it's a dry heat!! LOL

      Delete