Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Four!

1. What am I reading? I've been reading some really wonderful books lately! If you're looking for recommendations, I would recommend all of these wholeheartedly: PIECES by Chris Lynch, THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young, ELEANOR AND PARK by Rainbow Rowell, and THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE by Jennifer E. Smith. Seriously, read these books. Especially ELEANOR AND PARK.

2. What am I writing? I just finished up a revision on LIVING OUT LOUD! I cut over 20,000 words during this revision. Phew! I still think this book needs a lot of work, but I plan to do a read-through to find the obvious errors and then find a beta reader to get some outside feedback before I go back in to do anymore. I'm thrilled to be on the other side of this revision, though. It was tough!

3. Lots going on this weekend for me. First of all, I'm off to a homeschool curriculum fair to purchase supplies for schooling my son for the next year. I find these fairs really fun--there are so many great and creative resources for teaching kids these days.

4. Many of you know I've been a professional Polynesian dancer for many years. I love it, and I've been asked to be a judge this weekend for a big international Polynesian dance competition. I recently had to write up a bio for this event, and it was funny because I write a lot of bios for different events, but this one is so...non-writing-focused. Since most of you only ever here about my writing adventures, here are a few highlights: Over thirty years of dance training, traveling internationally as dance captain and performer with Paul Latta Show Productions, owner and operator my own dance school for eight years, and co-promoter of Canada's largest natural bodybuilding competition (with my husband) for nine years.

This doesn't include my background as mushroom farmer, church secretary, or jewelry manager, among other things. I've had a very varied life (which I love!) It all gives me plenty of fodder for writing (though, I admit, I have not written about a Polynesian dancer yet).

Happy weekend to you all! Hope there is plenty of sunshine and happiness ahead for all of you :-)


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    Also visit my page: vliegtickets

    ReplyDelete